Chapter 13

"Hey! This isn't Roppongi!"

•••

You five were standing infront of an abandoned and rotting building. Curse energy filtered out of the windows, and you can hear faint growling coming from inside.

Nobara and Yuji were having a breakdown behind you, Megumi, and Gojo. They screamed profanities at the teacher, who only chuckled.

"You liar!" Nobara yelled, pointing a finger at the blindfolded man. "Don't toy with us country people!"

Ignoring Nobara's yells, Megumi speaks up. "This building is cursed, right?" Gojo nodded and pointed in down the road. "There's a big cemetery over there, which means curses are prowling about there and here."

"They're easy to come out a a gravesite, I presume?" Yuji asks.

"It's not about the gravesite." You interrupt. "It's about the fear in people who visit the gravesites."

"Oh, I get it. So it's kinda like the school incident, right?" Yuji said, nodding his head.

Nobara stopped her tantrum and looked skeptically at you three. "Wait, he doesn't know this stuff yet?"

You side glanced Megumi, wondering how you're going to tell her what happened. But he did it for you. "Well, uhm...actually he ate a cursed object."

Nobara's mouth gaped open, looking at Megumi, then Yuji, then you, and back to Megumi, before backing up.

"What! Ew, that's so gross! Gross gross gross! Unsanitary!"

Yuji growled, annoyed at the carrots' behavior. And honestly, you were fed up with it too.

Gojo, who was oddly quiet up until then, decided to change the subject. "I want to see how far you guys can go. Sorta like a practical test." He turned to Yuji and Nobara. "You two will go excorsise the curse."

"But wait," Yuji said. "Don't you need to excorsise a curse using cursed energy? How am I going to help if I can't even use cursed energy?"

Gojo smiled and took out a wrapped item. "Well, you're basically half curse already, yet you just can't use control it in a day. Use this for now." He handed the wrapped thing to Yuji who tore it and held it up.

"Whoa! It's so cool!" Yuji beamed.

"It's called 'Slaughter Demon'." Gojo explained. "It's a weapon that holds magical powers inside it. It's really effective on curses." He then made a shooing-off motion with his hands. "Alright now, bye bye!"

Nobara looked at Yuji in disgust before taking off her belt and walking to the entrance of the cursed building.

After the two dissapeared, Gojo stretched his limbs and sighed. "Now, we wait." You shrugged and sat down on the concrete, taking out your phone and scrolling through social media. Megumi sat down next to you. "I might go in too." You heard him say. "Don't sweat it." Gojo reassured him. "Plus, you're still healing."

"But don't we need to watch over Yuji?" You asked, not looking up from your phone. "Well, yeah, but..." Gojo trailed off, smiling.

"Yuji is really crazy." You say. "Even if a curse is the most grotesque one out there, if it tries to kill him, he won't give it a second to spare. He'd kill it without hesitation."