Chapter 12

"Isn't four people too little to pass as a first year class?" Yuji asks. You three were walking through the crowds of people in Harajuku. Your teacher was nowhere to be seen, but you guessed he was running late or buying food for himself, as usual.

"Well, how many people that you know of can see curses?" Megumi responds. Yuji ponders the thought before answering. "Nobody, actually."

"That's why us shamans are high priorities." You butt in, making the spiky haired boy nod. "Yeah, it's kind of tough being a sorcerer, especially if you're a first grade or higher, like Gojo-sensei."

Well speak of the devil. As if on cue, Gojo came hopping along merrily with a bag of what you presumed to be sweets in his hand. "Oh! Thanks for waiting, you three!"

Gojo stops infront of Yuji and inspects him. "I see your uniform came right on time." Yuji nodded and tugged at the red hoodie enveloping his neck. "Yeah, but mine is somewhat different than (L/N)'s and Fushiguro's."

"Oh, you can customize your uniform by request." Gojo chirps. Yuji's eyebrows furrowed. "But, I haven't made any request..."

You sighed. "Gojo-sensei, did you make a request again without telling poor Yuji?" Your teacher sent you a grin and walked away without saying another word. Megumi followed after him. "He has a tendency to do that."

You looked over at Yuji, who was strangely interested in his red hoodie, mumbling to himself. You tapped him on the shoulder. "C'mon, Yuji. Let's go find this new student of ours." He hopped up and smiled, walking with you to where the others situated themselves on a bench.

Harshly, Yuji grabbed your hand and tugged it, pointing in a direction of one of the many stands in the street. "Ooh! Let's go get us a treat!"

You looked in his direction at the stand to which he was pointing at, watching the owner take out a blue popsicle and handing it to a little girl. You had to admit, a popsicle in this hot and humid weather would be refreshingly good. You dug around in your pockets for some lose change and ended up with ¥993.

"(L/N)! Can we please~ go?" Yuji whined, not letting go of your hand. You smiled and nodded, making the pink-haired boy jump up and down in excitement. "Fushiguro, wanna come?" You asked the quiet boy who was sitting on the bench. He shook his head. "Suit yourself." You muttered, but not before Yuji basically tugged you all the way to the concession stand.

The old man working at the stand smiled at the two of you when you reached the stand. "Hello! How may I help you?" He asked. Yuji looked up at the board that contained all the various flavors and hummed to himself, deep in thought. "I'll get the...blue raspberry ice pop, please."

The man nodded and dug around in the stand, taking out the light blue treat and giving it to Yuji, who smiled and gave him the correct amount of money. You looked at the flavors next, spotting a strawberry one you liked. You told the man your order and he fished it out of his cooler. "Anything else?"

Yuji looked at you, waiting to see if that was it. 'Should I get Fushiguro one?' You thought, looking at the board of flavors again. 'But what would he like?'

In the end, you decided on buying Megumi a cherry flavored popsicle. You and Yuji bid farewell to the man and headed back to Megumi and Gojo, but not without Yuji going to some more stands and buying more stuff. You tried to hurry him up since Megumi's popsicle was starting to melt. Eventually, Yuji agreed that you two should head back.

When Megumi saw what Yuji was wearing and holding, he sighed. "You really had to buy all that?" He asked, making Yuji pout. Changing the subject, you handed Megumi his pop. "Here, I got this for you. It's really hot today."