Chapter 4

"Welcome to Jujutsu High. Now, shall we begin classes?"

•••

"Our afternoon jujutsu class will be conducted in pairs." Gojo announced. He then pointed to you, Panda, and Inumaki. "(L/N), Inumaki, and Panda, pair up. Maki and Yuta, pair up."

"Gah!" Maki made a pissed off face when she heard she was paired up with Yuta. You looked at her questioningly. Why does Maki-san hate Yuta? What did he do?

"Uh...looking forward to excorsise curses with you." Yuta said to Maki, making the green haired girl finally look at him. A few seconds past before she spoke.

"You were bullied, weren't you?"

Yuta shuddered and looked at her with wide eyes. "Thought so," Maki mused. "I would definitely pick on you too, if it weren't for that Rika curse."

"Maki-san! That's so rude!" You speak up. "Why would you ever say that?" Maki turns around to face you, her eyebrows raised. "So? I'm not gonna lie and become his friend if I don't want to."

"Anway, back to what I was going to say, you seem like you act as a good person, but I feel like it's fake. Maybe it's because of that curse that's haunting you." Maki looks back at Yuta. "Kinda gross if you ask me." She shrugs nonchalantly. "Why play the victim when you're being protected by a strong curse?"

She pauses to wait for a response from the boy, but when he doesn't talk, she continues. "You've been passive your whole life. I can tell. Jujutsu High isn't that easy. Especially when you don't have any goals to set your mind to."

"Maki-san," Panda interrupts, placing a paw on Yuta. "Like (L/N)-san said, that's rude. You're taking it too far." "Fish flakes!" Inumaki jumps in.

Maki rolls her eyes and clutches her weapon in both hands. "Tch, fine, whatever. I don't care."

Maki turns back around to you, her golden eyes piercing you (E/C) ones. "I hope you listened to what I said, newbie, cause all that goes for you too."

"Maki-san!" Panda roars, finally making her shut up.

You and Yuta both exchange nervous glances as Panda apologized for Maki's words. Gojo's phone suddenly buzzed with a text message and he grinned again.

"Alrighty, Ijichi's here. Let's get going~."

You nervously gulped, having a gut feeling that today won't be such a good day.

•••

The black car holding all five of you pulls up near an old cemetery. You peek out the window to find a dull setting greet you back. This cemetery looked like it hadn't been visited in decades, giving off a creepy vibe. The gate entrance to it creaked with every blow of the wind. Low cursed energy wafted through the air.

"Panda, Inumaki-san, and (Y/N)-san, this is the place. Come along now." Gojo opens the passenger seat door and walks out while the younger ones follow suit. Once the three were out, Gojo began to talk.

"This is where a bunch of semi-third grade curses have been reported. The job here is simple; find them and excorsise them. It shouldn't be much of a hassle for you two," He pointed at Inumaki and Panda. "As for you, I just want you to watch them for now."