Chapter 2

The blinding sunrays gleamed through your windowsill, making you groan and blink your eyes open. However, instead of being on a soft mattress, you were instead on some hard concrete in the middle of an alleyway. Realizing where you were, you started to panic and widen your eyes.

Where am I? How'd I get here? Where even is here?

You quickly took out your phone and went to your contacts. Your heart skipped a beat when there were no phone numbers in your contact book. Instead, a blank page greeted you.

Shoving your phone back inside your pocket, you got up and looked around. "How strange..." You mumbled to yourself. "I don't recognize this alleyway." You started to advance into the bustling city, unaware of where you were. People entered your line of vision left and right. Some gave you strange looks while others just completely ignored you, as if you didn't exist.

You (E/C) orbs scanned the surrounding area. "Nothing here is familiar..." You mumbled.

Suddenly, you flogged down a man who was passing by. He wore a business suit with blonde slicked back hair that was neatly parted and had chocolate brown eyes.

'Alright, now don't make anything more weirder-'

"I'm sorry, but where am I?" You asked.

'You stupid bitch-'

The man blinked at you, seemingly judging you, before responding. "You're in Tokyo, Japan." "Tokyo...." You muttered. The man raised an eyebrow and cleared his throat after a long period of silence. "I'm sorry miss, but I'm afraid that if I stay any longer, I'm going to be late to my job and then I'll have to work overtime." He said before hurrying away.

You didn't care though. It's not like you'll see him anymore, right?

'I'm...in Tokyo?'

You've always wished to go to Tokyo, but never expected to arrive this soon and have no explanation of how you got there. 'How did I get here? And where are my parents? Did I...teleport here?'

Your stomach growled, snapping you out of your thoughts. Thinking always made you hungry. 'Damn, I'm so hungry. But what can I eat here? I don't have any yen.' You looked around and put your hands in your pockets, calming down a little bit. Your hand felt something smooth and crinkly in your pocket.

'The fuck is that...?' You took your hand out of your pocket and pulled out a large wad of yen. You stared at the cash, completely baffled, before questioning how the hell you got that. The universe is really damn odd.

But on the brightside, you now have money to go and buy some food!

A small smile tugged at the corner of your mouth. Maybe it won't be so bad? And maybe you can find out why you're here.

After walking around and trying to find a place that you'd like, you finally settled on a small bakery at the end of the sidewalk. The doorbell dinged as you made your way inside.

There were not many people inside the bakery. It's walls were a light blue color and it smelled like lavender mixed with all the bakery goods. All in all, it smelled delicious.

You walked up to the counter where a bright young woman stood behind it wearing a blue apron and a hat. "Hello! How may I help you today?" You greeted her back with a smile and looked at all the goods lying on display, but what really caught your eye was the kikufuku.

"I'll have four pieces of kikufuku please." You said. The girl behind the counter placed your food in a small bag and handed it to you. "That's ¥409.65 please." You gave her the correct amount and smiled. "Thank you! Come again soon!" "Oh, I will!" You answered, turning around only to bump into someone.