Chapter 6

Both you and Yuta have gotten increasingly better over the past three months of you being here. Over those three months, you figured out what your cursed technique is; Fire Manipulation. The explanation is basically in the name, all you do is control fire to burn curses. Gojo, despite being a dipshit at times, was extremely helpful while teaching you how to channel your cursed energy so that it only hit your target and not other people around you.

Truth be told, you technique is pretty powerful, ranking you a semi 1st grade, only because the flames are hard to control for an enexperienced person as yourself.

Today was a rather sunny day, perfect for the thing you hated most; training. But luckily, Maki and Panda were fighting eachother on the grass because Maki was pissed about something the animal had said. You, Yuta, and Inumaki watched them in silence until Gojo came along and tapped Inumaki on the shoulder.

"Inumaki, there's been a curse assigned to you today. It's one you're best suited for. Please get rid of it." You teacher said.

"Salmon." Inumaki responded, nodding his head slightly.

"Wait, assigned?" Yuta asked. Panda, who was now on the ground, responded before anyone else could. "Inumaki is the only Grade 2 among the first years. Solo missions are kind of his thing."

"That's so cool!" You butt in, looking at Inumaki with a gleam in your eyes as Yuta agreed. Inumaki waved his hand dismissively, as if he didn't want all the attention on him.

"You two will also go along." Gojo announced, pointing at you and Yuta. "Go and support him."

"Support...?" You looked at your sensei questioningly. "Just watch and learn." Gojo answered before going onto a full speech.

"Every sorcerer is special, and so is their technique. Inumaki's cursed speech is a good example. Just follow along and try to learn the best you can."

A horn blasted through the field. Everyone turned their heads toward Ijjichi as he pulled up in the car.

"Looks like your ride is here. Sorry I can't come with you three on this mission. Inumaki is capable of handling this alone, so don't worry." Gojo said, guiding you three to the car.

"Oh, and another thing," Gojo said, making Yuta unroll the window. "Things should be smooth today, but there's only a couple of concerns. First off," He points at you. "Try not to use your cursed energy today. I won't be here to guide you or stop you if anything goes wrong. And Yuta," He then pointed to the other boy. "Don't let Rika out. There's no telling if she'll calm down again. If she manifests again, you and I will be done for! Hehehe..."

Yuta stares at the sensei dumbfounded as to why he would put that much stress on him now as Gojo started to take his exit. "Toodles~"

•••

The ride to the place was quiet as nobody said a word. You just stared out of the window, watching the scenic woods the car passed. Every now and then, a small curse would appear in the trees, but they were only flyheads, as Gojo would call them. A few minutes later, Ijiichi stopped the car infront of the place. "We're here." He stated, although it was pretty obvious, considering the small amount of cursed energy that freely flew around it.

"This shopping center is pretty much abandoned." The assistant said, reading off of a clipboard. "The plan was to build a shopping center here, but when they inspected it, they found traces of curses prowling around." He then looked up. "Inumaki, you're job is to excorsise them- where did he go!?"