Chapter 8

"(Y/N)!"

You woke up surrounded by blackness. The only exit out of there was a white door leading somewhere unknown. You looked around.

"(Y/N)!"

You snapped your head in the direction of the voice, yet nothing was there. Only the darkness greeted you.

"Oh, where could she be?"

You recognized that voice. It was your mother's. Happiness filled your heart and your eyes softened. After three months, you finally heard her again.

"Mother! Mother, I'm here!" You shout into the abyss. "I'm right here!"

"I'm sorry, Mrs. (L/N), but we haven't found her yet. There's just no evidence of her dissapearing."

You suddenly realize that the voices are coming from the white light. "Mom! Dad! I'm here!" You shout, running over to the only light source. You stopped infront of it and smiled.

"I'm home-"

In the light, you saw your mother crying and your father comforting her. Your smile faded and your breath hitched in your throat.

"How could she have dissapeared?" Your mother sobbed. "S-she was in the house when we got back-k."

"Mom....?" You whispered. "What happened while I was gone?"

Suddenly, another scene flashed in your face. It was the police searching for you. One of them took one of your shirts and made a K-9 sniff it. The dog barked and began to sniff at the ground, yet couldn't find your scent.

"There is no evidence that she could have gone missing. There are no traces of her whatsoever." One of the officers say to your parents. "Even the dogs can't find her scent."

Another scene came onto the screen. It was a girl with her back towards you stapling a photo onto a pole. Once she moved out of the way, you saw that it was a missing photo, with your name on it.

"So, that's it, huh?" You muttered to yourself. "I've gone missing. I'm not apart of that world anymore, am I?"

Another flash. This one made you gasp.

"Amelia..."

Your friend was sitting down on a bench all by herself, a stack of your missing photos in her hands. She was looking down at the ground sullenly. A single tear left her eye and rolled down her face. She muttered something incoherently.

Another scene. This one was of the police interviewing the students of your highschool.

"(Y/N)? Never heard of her."

"Who was that again? I don't recall her being in my class."

"I don't know a (Y/N)."

"I've looked through file after file, and yet there has been no information on this (Y/N) (L/N) being here." The principal informed the officers. "I assure you that no one here has known her. Maybe she's in a different school?"