Chapter 9

"You know, you can back away now while your alive, right?" You say, eyeing the enemy up and down.

"Oh, but what's the fun in that?" Geto smiles and summons a curse that looks like a deformed centipede and points at you two. "Get them."

The centipede strikes at Maki first, but she fights it off with her staff. You ran to the curse and touched its slimy back, making you gag a little, before burning it. The curse howled in pain and focused on you. Its long legs tried to stab you but you dodged every one and burned off three of its legs.

Geto raised an eyebrow at your talent. "So, you can fight off one curse, but can you excorsise many at a time?" Three others, similar to the one infront of you, joined the other in on the battle. Maki huffed and stabbed one in the head, its blood staining the ground.

You focused on the first one, aiming to burn its legs so it becomes immobile. You grabbed a swinging leg, burned in, then went under the creature and touched its stomach. It exploded into the air, and tiny particles of it rained down.

The other two were fighting Maki, and one bit her leg, causing her to gasp and fall. "Maki!" You yell, running over to the injured girl and finishing off the two centipedes. She breathed in heavily, grasping at your shirt. Red blood stained her leg and dripped onto yours, painting the ground.

"Maki, you're gonna be okay, alright? I'll get you medical help as soon as I finish off Geto. Just...stay with me." She nods her head, yet her eyes closed every second.

Geto clapped. "Wow, what a great friendship. What did you say? 'I'll get you medical help as soon as I finish off Geto'? How bold of you to say that." He summons more curses. "The offer still stands for joining me. You'll be a great asset to our team, and the girls would love you."

You stand up, look down at Maki one last time, before controlling your fire to appear up and down your legs.

"Never." You look him dead in the eye. "I'll never join such a vile creature as youself. Killing innocent people just because they aren't sorcerers? Sorcerers are supposed to protect those people. What job would we have if you demolished them all? In fact, why do you want to kill them?"

Geto lowered his head. "You remind me of my younger self. I also believed that us sorcerers were supposed to save the weak. But one day, I realized that the reason we have to save them is because they curse themselves. They are the ones who give birth to these vile things, yet us jujutsu sorcerers have to risk our lives to save them. It's simply...injust."

"I see..." You whisper, before creating a circle of fire around the both of you. "And yet...I don't wanna believe it!"

Geto smirked. "Fine then, be that way!" He spawned more curses and then raced toward you. You also ran to them and touched as many as you could before getting out of their reach and snapping your fingers, making them blow up. Small burns ran up and down your arms, warning you of low energy left. You winced.

You were caught off guard when a rainbow dragon hit you head on, shoving you into a wall. The wall cracked and you slumped down, out of breath. The dragon aimed itself at you for another attack, but you quickly crawled out of the way. However, the tail smacked you in the abdomen, a sharp and deep cut making itself known. You gasped and held onto your stomach with one hand and tried to burn the dragon.

"Be careful, (L/N)," Geto's taunting voice yelled across the battlefield. "That dragon's hide is the strongest!"

You ignored his taunts and focused on creating a blind spot. Maybe go for the head? No, that's too dangerous, especially with your wounds. Your blood left a trail behind you as you ran away. The dragon roared and followed you, gaining on you. The ground shook and your eyes widened as it towered over you.