Fourteen

———

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

———

September, 2022

I've just returned from a three-day hiking trip outside New York with Hugh the camera man and Patty the videographer from work when Taylor texts me for the first time since we went out for coffee.

It's just a link to a video from TikTok, an app that I've refused to download because I've seen how much time Cas has wasted on it and I refuse to fall prey to it.

But the video is followed by a short and simple text.

[+1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx]: (link) Hey! Saw this and it reminded me of you

[+1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx]: it's Taylor btw!

I sit on my bed with my laptop open in front of me and click on the link. I was just about to start working on a review of the hiking trail for Odyssey. I certainly did not expect a distraction such as this. 

The video is a vlog of a guy who's been travelling around the country in search of the best ice cream shop and rating every single ice cream he's tried in every single state. In that particular video that she's sent me, one of the flavours that the guy tries is melon.

I can't help but smile.

Rory: Hey! Hahaha, I'd love to go on that cross-country ice cream adventure with that guy. It sounds like heaven!

Taylor: Doesn't it??? I'd love nothing more in life than to taste ice cream for a living

Rory: Hahahaha yeah, that would be great.

I smile wider, tossing my phone aside as I get up again to brush my hair that is still wet from my shower. I make my way across the hallway to the bathroom only to find Cas sitting there on the toilet.

I grimace and mutter an apology but I still open the cabinet to grab my hairbrush and other hair products.

"I'd recommend you put some pants on. Sage is coming over," Cas informs me while reaching behind them to flush the toilet.

"Who's Sage again?" I ask, trying to remember which one of their friends or flings it is.

"Oh, you met her last week before you left for your trip, remember? With the big curls? Eyebrow piercing?" Cas reminds me, moving their hands around their head to indicate just how big Sage's hair really is.

"Right, right. I remember. I'm just gonna be in my room. No pants necessary," I chuckle and make my say out. "Also, learn to lock the door, dude."

Love, Taylor | TS जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें