Thirty-One

Dear Rory, Day 1 of the 1989 World Tour! We're starting with 2 shows in Tokyo

Dear Rory,
Day 1 of the 1989 World Tour!
We're starting with 2 shows in Tokyo. I always love coming back to this city. The fans are so incredible although the way they all wait at the airport is kind of terrifying.
Love, Taylor

———

Cas and I land in Arizona the morning of Taylor's first show. I told her there was no need for her to send anyone to pick us up from the airport when I messaged her right before boarding the plane but apparently she decided to completely ignore that. 

Her last message reads SAFE LANDING! ❤️

I text her when we do land as well. I don't expect a text back considering she has preparations all day but she does respond literally a second later as though she's been tracking the flight.

Taylor: HEY! Welcome to Glendale! Robin's waiting outside to pick you guys up. He'll drop you off at the hotel and get you settled in. We've already checked into the rooms and everything. Whenever you're ready, he'll take you guys to the stadium! You don't have to be there early buuuuut Paramore IS opening. You definitely wanna watch their set! IDK if I'll be able to see you before the show, but we'll definitely hang out afterwards!

Rory: Thank you! You really didn't have to do all that, but I appreciate it :). Won't you be too tired after the show?

Taylor: can't believe you put a full stop after a smiley face. You're so funny!  And never too tired for you. I'll see you soon!!!!!! AAAA I'm so excited

"What are you blushing about?" Cas asks me as they shoulder their backpack and slip their passport into the front pocket of their hoodie.

"What?" I chuckle, hugging the novel I was reading on the plane to my chest. "Why would I be blushing? It's just a little warm in here."

"Hmm. It is a little, I'm starting to get a little restless. Can they open the doors already?" They sigh heavily, pulling at the ends of their hair. "We've been standing in this aisle for like an hour."

"Less than five minutes," I correct them, checking the watch around my wrist.

"Well, it feels like it's been an hour," they grunt, folding their arms over their chest.

"Anyway, Taylor says there's some guy named Robin waiting for us outside so we don't have to take a cab," I tell my friend as the line starts moving ahead of us.

"That's nice of her," they say, turning to me with a little smirk playing on their face.

"What's with that look?" I ask them wryly, following the person in front of me as we start walking towards the front of the plane.

"Well, I know why you're blushing now."

"I'm not blushing."

"Whatever you say," they respond amusedly. I simply shake my head and continue walking.