Forty-Five

So....

there's only the epilogue left...

i just wanna say thank u guys for sticking it out and seeing this story through! it means a lot. love you! <3

———

Dear Rory, I'm rerecording my old albums

Dear Rory,
I'm rerecording my old albums. They won't let me own my masters but I'm gonna make damn sure I own my songs.
Fearless, my version, came out today and already I feel a little freer. I own it! It's actually mine! God, it feels amazing. 
Love, Taylor

———

December, 2023

It's a week before Christmas which also means a few days before Taylor and I drive to Nashville to spend the holiday with our families. I was actually surprised when Taylor came up to me a few days ago and asked if I'll be going on the usual road trip back home and if she could join me. I thought she would want us to just fly there. But she says she would much rather spend those extra two days in a car with me. This time, I have a few extra stops in mind to make our trip extra special. I want to make the most out of our time together since she'll be pretty much everywhere but home for the next year. We've had to plan it strategically so that I'll be able to join her throughout her tour in some cities. It's not easy, especially since I'm going to be travelling around just as much for Odyssey and I'll have to focus on finishing a new Emily Lucas book. The last on my contract.

After that, I think Emily might retire. I think Rory deserves some of that spotlight now. Especially since Love always, Rory is already in the early editing stages and will be published early next year.

I'm sitting in Taylor's bed with my morning cup of coffee while she's still asleep next to me. I'm trying to work on my laptop while Meredith keeps slapping my hand every time I attempt to type something.

Eventually, when I stop giving her attention, she decides to curl up on my chest so that I can neither take sips from my coffee safely without the risk of hurting her and myself or read anything on my computer screen.

She even has the audacity to start purring and digging her nails into the sweater I'm wearing.

"Hey, babe?" I mumble, tapping blindly at Taylor. Unfortunately for her, I accidentally get her face.

Taylor makes an annoyed sound and pushes my hand away. "Five more minutes."

"Your daughter's being annoying," I chuckle, putting my hand on her face again.