Forty-Three

program induction was good hut EXHAUSTING !! they did have free sandwiches and cakes tho that was amazing !!

Anyway, good news is, this chapter is full of fluff (and then some)

bad news is, we're only a couple chapters close to the end 😬😬😬

———

Dear Rory, This pandemic thing is turning out to be kind of fun

Dear Rory,
This pandemic thing is turning out to be kind of fun. I've written about a dozen songs fuelled by lots and lots of wine. I'm really proud of it all, though. I  hope you're holding up well in quarantine.
Love, Taylor

———

August 2023

I'm standing outside Taylor's apartment in New York with a bouquet of flowers in my hands. I'm honestly a little nervous. We haven't seen each other since that night in her dressing room but we've been talking on the phone almost every day. It's almost as if nothing has changed. The only difference is that right before she hangs up the phone now, she tells me she loves me. And every single time, it brings a smile to my face.

I was joking about the romantic candle-lit dinner I suggested in the voicemail I left her that night but Taylor took it very seriously. She's invited me over just a couple of days after we have both been back in the city. She has just finished the North American leg of her tour. I have just come back from this wellness ranch retreat trip in Montana that included horses and to my pleasant surprise baby goats and lots of puppies since the farm dog has just recently given birth to a litter. It was actually a much needed retreat. I have enough content to pull out two or three articles for Camilla but I also feel much more comfortable in my own body.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I may or may not actually be dating Taylor.

I'm not exactly sure yet.

"Are you just going to stand there all night or are you going to actually ring the bell at some point?"

I jump in surprise when I hear her voice coming from that Ring camera by her door and lean closer to it while making a face.

"Why are you spying on me?"

"The camera very kindly informed me that there's someone lurking outside," she tells me. I can hear the amusement in her voice. "I've been watching you stare at my door for like five minutes now."

Okay... maybe a little embarrassing on my part.

"Well, I quite like it out here. You've got a cozy hallway."