Twenty-One

Guys who should Rory's face claim be? Who would look nice with tattoos and short-ish brown-ish hair? Dakota Johnson? Phoebe Tonkin? Elizabeth Olsen? Zoey Deutch? Sophia Bush? Margaret Qualley who is also Jack's wife but who cares it's just a face claim? Daisy Edgar-Jones? Aubrey Plaza? I have absolutely nooooooo idea SOMEONE HELP AAAA

Also I think y'all voted for Tory as their shipname.
Not Raylor? cuz they gon be railin' on each other 🤪🤪🤪🤪

———

Dear Rory, I don't know why I didn't move to New York earlier

Dear Rory,
I don't know why I didn't move to New York earlier. I love it so much I literally just wrote a song about it. It's called Welcome to New York. I think it's going to be the opening track to my newest album. Get this... It's not a country album. I make pop music now. Weird, huh? I love it though.
Oh! May the Fourth be with you (:
Love, Taylor

———

On Monday morning, Nana has her Yoga class in the park, about forty minutes away from her house. Usually, Billy drops her off before heading to work and she takes the bus back to my aunt's flower shop nearby but considering I've got nothing better to do and feel incredibly curious to know what that geriatric yoga class is like, I told Billy last night that he can sleep in. I'll drop her off myself.

The Yoga group consists of old people, most I recognise because of Nana. She knows pretty much everyone in town. I swear, grocery runs with her were the worst when I was growing up. We would stop in every single aisle to greet someone.

The only person around my age is the instructor who's helping someone else's grandma stretch. I can't see his face but I can tell from his smooth calves and broad shoulders that he's maybe in his mid to late twenties or early thirties at most. Also, he still has a full head of hair.

"You remember my granddaughter Rory?" Nana asks the old man who used to own the diner in town. I also dated his grandson in high school for a few months. "She's vegetarian now."

I can't help but snort, shaking the guy's hand. "Right. Nice to see you again, Mr. Danes. You don't have to advertise that to everyone, Nana. Lots of people are vegetarian. Paul McCartney. He's vegetarian."

I'm pretty sure.

Nana dismisses her hand as Mr. Danes coughs out a laugh. "Yeah, yeah. It's just a complicated way of living, but you do you, sweetheart."

I shake my head, smiling amusedly when I hear my name.

"Rory? Hey!"

I recognise Taylor's voice and before I can even find her, a massive spotted great dane smacks into me.