Thirty-Nine

130k reads fellas, that's pretty much 13 (plus a couple of zeros)

Anyway thoughts on last night? LMAO
im so happy for taylor ngl like girly was GLOWING i love seeing her happy!!!

anyway so much happy in this chapter<3 enjoy :')

———

Dear Taylor, Hi from Turks & Caicos! It's so lovely out here

Dear Taylor,
Hi from Turks & Caicos!
It's so lovely out here.
You should visit it one day.
The beaches are surreal.
The food's great too.
I hope you're doing better.
Love always, Rory

———

I step into the elevators of the film production company with a coffee in my hand and a pep in my walk. It's a good day, despite the heatwave. My shirt is clinging onto my skin from the heat and humidity outside but I did wake up in Taylor's bed this morning with two cats at my feet, a third in Taylor's lap, and her arm sprawled over my waist. I can't possibly have a bad day when my morning was that good.

I sit in the meeting, listening to everyone discuss the movie deal. I've been working closely with a team of writers to create the best script possible. We've got a producer and the production company has just hired a director. I've seen one of her movies before, a queer, coming of age story called When The World Stopped Moving. That movie is amazing so I just know mine will be as well.

I have a great feeling about this, actually.

"So, next step is casting calls, then?"

"Yep. It's gonna be a long journey before we find the right actors but it'll all be worth it. We have a good script. Good characters. We have an idea of what we're looking for—"

"Would it be impossible to send a script to Blake Lively's people?" I interrupt the producer, Julia Hughs, grinning sheepishly.

"For the role of Nora?"

"Yes! She's perfect for the role."

Everyone at the table thinks about it for a moment and then Julia starts nodding along.

"We can try. I can definitely see her playing the role. Or, Anna Jones. She is a little younger and her American accent is impeccable."

"Anna Jones?" I ask, eyebrows furrowed as I try and remember what movies she's in.

"Irish actress. Blonde? She was in that one movie with Kaia Browne."

Well, I know who Kaia Browne is.

"Wait, can we get a script out to Kaia Browne's people?" I ask, my eyes widening. I still remember the pictures that went viral when she got that buzzcut a few years ago. Totally reminded me why I'm bi.