Twenty-Eight

hey guys!! so i am travelling tomorrow so update time might be weird! i will be updating tho so keep an eye out!
love y'all!

this chapter's funny hehe

———

Dear Rory, 1989 went platinum in its first week of sales

Dear Rory,
1989 went platinum in its first week of sales. I still can't wrap my mind around it.
Not much else to say today.
I'm stunned beyond words.
Love, Taylor

———

January 2023

December comes and goes relatively fast. By the time I make it back to New York after the holidays, the manuscript has already been sent to Finch & Sparrow, ready to be edited. Everything's moving so fast that I ask Camilla to split my trips between me and another one of the young eager writers who have joined us recently.

"Rory..." Camilla stops, right before I walk out of her office. "I feel like you're... I don't mean anything when I say this, but I feel like you're slowing down?"

I actually laugh while nodding. "Yeah. Honestly, Cami, I'm exhausted."

She lets the tiniest furrow crease her brow. "You okay, kid?"

"I've actually never been better," I tell her, holding the door handle. "I just need to slow down and stop trying to run away from life all the time. You want the door open or closed?"

"Open. Can you tell Marco to come in?"

It's not a secret to me that every time I get on a plane, it's because I'm trying to escape my boring and mundane life. I got stuck in a town I didn't necessarily like because my parents were taken away from me and I hated everything in my life because of it. So, I ran. And every time things got hard, I ran again. I loved it. I loved running. I love it still. I love travelling. I love visiting a beautiful city I've never been to before. But it's never been just about travelling and seeing what the earth has to offer.

These days, I'm learning that the mundane can also be special. I didn't have to fly all the way to Iceland to feel something.

This morning, I wake up to an e-mail from Xander CC-ed to Rebecca. They've set a date to release the book. May 1st. That's something to look forward to.

When I make my way to the kitchen, Cas calls me.

"You're not doing anything tonight, are you?" They ask me. I can hear them stacking a bunch of books on the other end of the line.