Chapter 1: First meet

Attaining the goal of your life gives you pleasure like nothing else. I had always dreamt of entering a medical college. When the entrance results were out, I, being a mediocre student was satisfied with my result. I didn't enter the best college in the state, but the college was a medical college and the nearest to my house. That was all for me.

Today is the first day to my college. I hope I can overcome my procrastination and be a good student.

I had my breakfast and headed to college.

Time skip

At SU Medical College

After entering the gate, I asked for the room number of 1st year in the room near the gate.

Knowing the room number, I headed towards my class. Entering the class, I realized that now I'm in college. I found an empty seat in the sixth row from the front. As I was going to sit a girl, one of my classmates, approached me literally too fiercely.

??: Hey, myself Sana Roy. Come here sit with me.

Me: Hey, nice to meet you. Myself Esha Sen.

I wasn't ever a social butterfly, the nerd type as I've always been but Sana seemed to be a good girl, a total bestie material.

The professor entered the class. Sana cheered me and said," Fighting!"

Time skip

Sana: Let's head to the cafeteria buddy.

Me: Yep, let's go.

At the cafeteria

As we entered the cafeteria, I found it was quite huge and spacious. I was zoning out but found Sana pulling me towards a table where I found a boy sitting with his books.

Sana: Hey! How was your day bro?!

??: Why are you here again? Always ready to ruin my peace. Arghh!

Sana: You brat!! I've brought my friend to meet you. See this is Esha. Esha, this is Abhimanyu, my brother. He is currently in second year.

Me: Nice to meet you.

As I extended my arms for a handshake, we locked our eyes. The way he was gazing at me with some different sorts of stares, sent shivers down my spine. The handshake erupted a very unknown, yet refreshing feeling in me, but I couldn't quite identify it though. He didn't leave my hand until Sana started coughing bringing us out of our trance.

Sana pulled me towards her and grabbed a seat across her brother. As I was going through the menu card, I could feel him staring at me. I shrugged it off as I was really confused about what to choose.

My breath hitched as Abhimanyu suddenly came closer to my ears and said, "Try the latte recipes. They prepare some of the best lattes here." Okay then. Let me choose among the ones suggested by my senior. I hope he isn't that worse at giving suggestions.

I went to the counter and ordered a mocha latte. As I returned back with my latte, Abhimanyu said," you bought mocha latte? I thought you would buy caramel latte like me."

"Ah! I am trying this for the first time. Seeing so many options, I just went with it as chocolate is my favorite flavor. But if you say so, I'll surely try the caramel latte next time."

"It's ok, Esha. By the way, Sana has got some work to do. So, she can't accompany you for now. But if you want, I can tag along with you."

"No, senior. It's alright. I can manage. Moreover, you have your classes too. We don't have any more classes for today. And thanks for the suggestion. I really enjoyed the latte. It felt heaven."

"Welcome, I would like to give you some more suggestions in the future but call me Abhi the next time we meet. It's Abhi for you."