Chapter 6 : Falling for you

As the exams started, I became so busy that I almost forgot the difference between day & night. Sana & Abhi did text me quite a few times which of course I found out later, but I was in separation with that little device of mine. The exams made me realise how much more efforts I needed to put in to become a good doctor or better to say, a doctor that a patient actually needs.

"Ahh, finally the exams have ended. I'm totally exhausted, Esha. I badly need to have my beauty sleep otherwise these ugly eyebags will make me look like a witch."

"You are already looking like that, haha!"

"Arghh, Esha. Don't insult my pretty face."

I laughed at her annoyed expression but even I was tired as hell. Not exaggerating, but I was awake for two nights at a stretch. I needed a long break and total rest to cure my aching joints.

Abhi still had a few more vital exams left. So I and Sana had that time for ourselves to rest and replenish our energy.

After another week

"Esha, come over to our place if you can. Abhi and I are calling some of our friends. We'll enjoy tonight."

"Ok then. Count me in. My parents aren't at home now and I'm a bit free for now. Let's enjoy then. Okay, see you later."

As soon as I cut the call, another name flashed in my screen at an instant. It was Abhi. I picked up the call instantly.

"Hello, Abhi."

"It feels like ages that I've last talked to you, Esha. How are you? Did you write a good paper? I missed you a lot."

"I know. I missed you too. Sorry for not replying to your texts earlier. Yes I'm doing fine and I even wrote a good paper."

"Sana called you, right?"

I hummed in response.

"So? coming, right?"

"Yep. Gonna get ready."

"Hmm. Will I pick you up from your house?"

"No no. That's absolutely unnecessary. I can reach safely. You don't have to come here to pick me up."

"Okay love. As you wish."

I hung up the call and got ready quickly. I wore a vibrant orange chikankari kurti with white straught pants. With big jhumkas I curled my hair and left it open.

Time skip

As soon as I reached Sana's house, I was given a warm welcome by Sana, Mr. and Mrs. Roy. They took me to the living room where everyone was sitting, giggling and talking with each other.

But I was only finding one person. That was Abhi. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Babe, I know you are looking for my brother. You dressed up this much for him, right?"

As she was busy teasing me, I found Abhi coming downstairs looking all handsome in his black tee and white jeans.

As he noticed me, he tilted his head and shamelessly checked me out from top to bottom which made me beyond flustered. He strided closer to me and sat beside me kicking out Sana from there.

Sana yelled in my ears saying,"Will you ditch your pretty bestie for this monkey, Esha?"

"Sana, don't nag. It doesn't matter what Esha says. I'm gonna sit beside her and that's final. Listen to your brother, Sana." Abhi said being strict.

Sana could do nothing other than listening to him. She sat on the other couch across us constantly glaring at Abhi.

Abhi pulled me with him and we sat close. Sniffing my hair and inhaling my scent, he said,"Looking like a princess as always. How do you always manage to torture my poor heart with your beauty, Esha? It must have taken you a lot of time to get ready. You were pretty late today. Everybody reached before you."