Chapter 13 : Eva, my little munchkin

"Hello, Divyansh? What's up?"

"You visited Sana's house?"

"Um--yeah! I returned an hour back. What about you? You didn't go? A-Are you fine?"

"I'm not, Esha! It has been quite some time, I know but I still can't forget her. Moving on is just impossible for me."

"I know how you feel. I really don't have any more words for consoling. She was my best friend too. She left me too when I was super alone with nobody beside me and--" I broke down as I could no longer continue

"Shh--it's okay, Esha. Don't cry. What can we even do? They were not meant to stay with us at the first place. What can we even do about that?"

"Thanks for comforting me Divyansh. I hope you can live your life better, Sana will be happy seeing her boyfriend trying to be happy. So try to cheer up. I'll hang up then."

"Um--Esha?"

"Yeah, anything else?"

"How are you & Abhimanyu doing?"

"Ah--um--we--are over. Probably, he fell out of love. I don't know. He didn't even give a proper explanation."

"Oh--so sorry to hear that. Everything will be fine, Esha. Just move on from him--"

"I can't Divyansh! I can't ever move on from him. He will be the only one in my life. I won't ever engage in this shit anymore. He taught me how to love someone endlessly. I-I loved him with my everything. I gave him my everything. And heartbreak is what I got and that too after freaking 10 long years of our relationship. Isn't that much time more than enough to know if we can spend the rest of our lives with each other? But he---I think I just fell for the wrong person. But I can't hate him too. I still love him like before."

"Abhi is so damn lucky, even after what he did with you, you still love him...anyway don't be sad, okay? I'll hang up then. Bye!"

"Bye."

"Divyansh still hasn't gotten over Sana, just like me. I guess, we loved our partners so much that they just left us in the midway, breaking the promise of togetherness."

My sadness subsided a little as I was furiously hungry, so I headed to the kitchen, to make my supper and to cheer up my gloomy self. After dinner, I watched a movie & them went back to our--no, my room to prepare my bed. I was doing my skincare when my phone screen lit up with a notification popping up on it.

I clicked on it and shortly, an album opened on Google Photos as a memory with the title

"Eva, My Love♡"

Memory, huh? Really, a memory. A bittersweet memory. I burried it deep down in my heart, also she isn't with me anymore so it's really a memory, right?But her things? The things this album shows would belong to her if she would have survived. She left me, but her things are still there with me. Where are they? I need to take out that box. I stuffed everything of hers in that box that day, so that I didn't feel the pain of a void, the void which could have been filled up by her, but ultimately wasn't. That void, that void in my life still makes me insane, insane to that extent that I forget the line between what's right & what's wrong.

"W-where is t-the box? WHERE IS IT? AH--DAMN IT!" I shouted as I threw everything that laid on the side table in rage. There was a file with some medical records, and a glass, everything fell down, creating more problems. The glass pieces with all the paper I arranged earlier, scattered on the floor.

I gripped on my hairs tightly and breathed heavily trying to control my outburst. This is what I have been doing, since last 2 years, controlling my mental pain, anguish & frustration. This habit of bashing things every now and then, I didn't have it earlier, before 2 years. Everything changed in these 2 years.