Chapter 25: Unintentional Seduction

Hey my lovely readers, I know many of you were waiting for this updates as many of you texted me about it. So here it is. Sorry for the late update. I had exams so I couldn't update. But now I'm here. Anyways, do vote and comment and let me know if I properly expressed their emotions.

Happy reading! ♡

~

"Esha, you okay?" Abhi asked worriedly. I knew why he asked that, it was because of the look on my face.

"Y-yeah. Why not?" I stuttered and he seemed clearly not convinced by my reply.

"You don't seem so though. Tell me if you have anything in your mind, Esha." He gave me a gentle nod and an appealing look to convince me to spill the tea.

But I didn't feel it necessary to tell him about the incidents earlier. I was scared to my core and I was determined not to let him know about anything.

"It's really nothing Abhi, it's just I'm stressed you know? Leave these things aside, now tell me how are you doing?" Of course, I was trying to change the topic and he seemed to understand that, but he didn't raise a question further.

"I'm sound as a pound." He laughed out loud and it brought back the lost smile on my face. I admired his smile the most and it always made me smile too.

We were brought out of our trance as my phone rang; the screen displayed that it was my Maa. I excused myself and retired to my room for picking up her call.

.

.

.

.

It was a long, tiring day and I badly needed to shower to get rid of the stinky smell. I stepped into the shower and the cold water my body was drenching in, helped me to clean the mess created due to the incidents earlier.

Jyoti's words never left my mind, not even for a single moment.

Her eyes and her tear-stricken face still crosses my mind. Her broken soul, reflected through her eyes, is still fresh and vivid.

It was out of my knowledge that loving someone hurts this much, and I wondered why was it like this?

While I'm having a beautiful experience while being in love with Abhi, Jyoti is devastated. How powerful this feeling is! It seems love has two sides just like a coin. The heavenly side is experienced by those having their loved ones by their sides while the other side just brings sorrow and an endless void in the hearts of those who love, with their everything. But what do they get in return? Just nothing, not even a single glance. Only solitude full of agony, some broken memories and some unfulfilled desires.

The only thing that I can remember now are her relentless sobs and the aching sight of her red cheeks.

It was spontaneous that I recalled how she patted her chest and rubbed to ease the invisible, yet unbearably excessive heartache caused to her.

Tears rolled down my closed eyes and vanished in the flow of cold water running down my body.

A heavy feeling of trepidation settled deep down my heart and that made me uneasy. I opened my eyes and looked at the wall before me. My breaths started getting heavier and I took long, audible gulps. My hands were shaking, and it felt as if my heart was burning.

I forbid myself not to remember the last words of Jyoti, but still those harsh words of hers replayed in my mind like a broken record. No matter how much I tried not to think about them, I failed miserably.