Chapter 2: A Surprise Encounter

It has been 2 weeks already. Med classes are quite hectic, there is a huge pressure, especially in practical. Those cadavers which I and my parents thought would scare the shit out of me, don't really bother me much. Just that the smell of formalin always lingers around and that's what makes me a little nauseous. But that's totally fine. I believe I can cope up with that.

Studies were going fine, and I got closer to Sana and Abhi. Sana has already been my bestie.

Flashback
(1 week ago)

I was in urgent and dire need of some books, so I made my way to the college library. After locating the section in the library where the books could possibly be, I was looking for my books, but I couldn't find them. After looking for almost an eternity as it seemed to me, I found the book in the topmost shelf. Being quite a shorty, it was not at all my cup of tea. I really needed someone's help.

Right after, I felt a tall figure towering my tiny figure from my back. As I suddenly turned round, I saw that it was Abhimanyu. But he was standing too close. It seemed that time had suddenly stopped. Only the loud sounds of heartbeat could be heard. I was hella nervous as I found him already holding both of my hands, the one hanging loose and the one above my head. I was almost pinned to the shelf which brought out nothing but a few unarranged words in the form of mere whisper. It was as if I already lost my mind & heart somewhere.

"S-Senior!?" I stuttered.

He sighed and as a result, his minty breath fanned over my entire face which led to goosebumps in my entire body. I almost stopped breathing when he came closer and tilted his head to his right to observe me in a keen manner.

"Didn't I clearly tell you not to call me senior but Abhi? Tell me, what should I do to make you obey my words? Are you really that uncomfortable around me that you can't even call me by that name I told you? " He said in his deep voice.

But the depth and huskiness of his voice didn't help as my condition worsened. I became almost breathless when I found him looking at my eyes directly searching for his answers probably.

I felt too flustered under his piercing gaze towards my lips as I found his pink lips parted slightly indicating the thoughts probably running through his head.

Suddenly, he released his grip from my hand and backed away a little.

"This is the book you were finding, right?" He asked.

"Huh? Uh Yeah. Thanks...A-Abhi."

I don't know why I was still stuttering so much.

But I found him flashing his bright smile towards me upon hearing his name. That really made my heart flip. His soft, yet bright smile held some unknown emotions in addition, which I couldn't figure out.

"Let's go, Esha. Sana has been searching for you in the entire campus. You didn't inform her probably. I was here in the library for quite a while. I saw you entering but I didn't approach then. But Sana informed me later about not finding you in the campus and also, I found that you needed help, so I appeared suddenly. But I've been watching you for long."

End of flashback

Today, we have our fresher's party. Sana is quite excited for it, but I don't feel like attending it.

Sana said, "Let's go and meet new boys out there. Don't be a lazy sloth, Esha. It's the time to enjoy and socialize. If you don't go, I'll also not be able to attend it. At least, attend it for my sake, my dear bestie."

Her constant pleadings ultimately succeeded in convincing me, but I was not sure about how to dress up. If I had to go, then I had to dress better. But having Sana beside me, I didn't bother more.

In the evening, I informed my parents about the party and headed to Sana's place for getting ready.

At Sana's place

I rang the bell and was waiting downstairs for someone to get the door. The door opened revealing a middle-aged man, in his early fifties and he welcomed me inside.

"You must be Esha, right? Hello, young lady. I'm Sana's dad. And the woman, you see there, in the apron, is her mom. Welcome girl. Make yourself at home," he said smiling.

I found her mother washing her hands and then coming towards me.

"She is in her room upstairs. Go, honey. "

After reaching upstairs, I was quite confused as I couldn't figure out which was her room. Thankfully, I knocked on the right room as she was the one who opened the door engulfing me in her arms.

Time skip

Sana was of great help as she chose a quite decent, yet beautiful dress for me. And the makeover would have been impossible without her.

"You are looking so pretty Esha. I guess I've been a good and efficient stylist. If I were a boy, I would have already fallen for you, Esha. Okay babe, enough talking. We both are ready. Let's head to our destination and rock the party!"

"Okay then, I'll book a cab," I said.

As I was looking for cabs, Sana suddenly grabbed my phone and cut me off saying, "Relax Esha, no need to book a cab. I guess you forgot I have a brother. My brother will take us there. He must be waiting for us downstairs, let's go."