Chapter 24: Love Rival

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter. Share your opinions, I love to read them.

This is the longest chapter of this book, till date. So, make sure you actively participate in making comments while reading!

Anyways,

Happy reading!

"I need to talk about Jyoti."

"Why talk about her all of a sudden?" My heart quivered due to some unknown fear. Her name sounded like a threat to me and my existence.

"It's needed."

"You are scaring me, you know. Just spill out already."

"She is in the same department as me. Initially, we weren't close. Rather we didn't even know each other. But she did exceptionally well in the first semister. Then, our professors paired us for every assignments we were given. We even covered each other's shifts a number of times. We have grown to be close buddies, you know?" Abhi let out a ringing laugh as he finished speaking.

"Buddies?" I couldn't help but ask.

Abhi nodded vigorously with a happy smile on his face.

Buddies? Really? She doesn't seem so. I don't doubt Abhi. I know he is honest to me, otherwise he won't even talk about her to me. But eyes don't lie. I saw how she looked at him, and she seemed upset about something. And I think I know the reason behind that.

"But the way she behaved with you today compells me to think if I should keep being friends with her. She was simply rude; who gave her the right to behave like that? If she takes me as her friend, then she should have respect for my close ones too. If she doesn't like anything, she should have just kept quiet and not shown such rude expressions. I don't know what's wrong with her. You just introduced yourself. What's wrong in that? Maybe I should just stay away from her."

"Abhi, it's okay. Maybe she doesn't like me, it doesn't matter okay? And why would you break your friendship with her just because of me? All of us aren't same, isn't it? It's not even mandatory to like everyone you come across. Maybe you don't like someone, it's pretty normal. But some people are straight forward like her, she expressed herself before me. It's not her fault. Let's not continue talking about that incident. And you won't say a word about this to her. You will be friends with her just like before, and don't push her away. Promise me?"

"Esha, you are too naive, your soul is too pure to survive in this brutal world. Okay, I would abide by your words, My Majesty. Promise."

I laughed hearing him calling me Majesty.

But that look on Jyoti's face was the cause of an unknown fear in my heart. I couldn't shake off that feeling of insecurity growing within my heart.

I wasn't insecure about our love. I was never. Rather, my insecurity was about myself.

A wave of fear washed over me due to the dreadful thoughts of everything falling apart, running in the back of my mind . The fear of my everything being snatched away by Jyoti, was so powerful and so raw, that it had the potential to consume me entirely.

Soon after, I felt Abhi's hands on mine and like everytime, those terrible thoughts were discarded off my mind for time being.

His touch was magical, it was like a healing herb.

"Esha, go bring your dinner. You'll have it in front of me okay?"

Not wanting to argue with him any further, I did as he said.

Next morning, I found out Abhi was much better than the last night but he refrained from going to college that day. He said that he wanted to rest, which was quite unusual for him to say. But upon thinking that he really needed to rest, I didn't question him anymore and agreed to his words.