Chapter 9: Official

After our parents went out, I asked Abhi to go out for a bit as I had to change into my comfy wear. I had Sana with me so I didn't have to struggle for changing. Abhi gave a light nod and went out of my room.

"Sana, I think we should carry out our plan now."

"Hm."

"Esha, aren't you done yet?" Abhi knocked on the door. Banging on the door a little, the door automatically opened revealing a dark room.

"Where are you, Esha? Why is the room dark? I can't seem to find you. Esha you better come up, before I lose my mind."

Without wasting any time, I switched on all the lights to let him see the arrangements I did for him. The whole room was decorated with balloons and little stars. Originally, I planned to do this myself. But I got injured and I had to seek help from Sana.

"What are all these for, Esha? You told me you would change, so I left the room, and you were doing these things till now? You are unbelievable, Esha. Sana also helped you, right?"

I could feel him burning in anger. His deadly stares at me were so unlike him. I nodded my head in response and made my way towards him. As I stood before him face to face, I hugged him by his waist and rested my head on his broad chest to enjoy his warmth. But sadly, he didn't hug me back. Shrugging off my thoughts, I looked up to match with his soul-piercing gaze. I always thought that my hugs could calm him down. But this time, even after I hugged him, his muscles were as stiffened as before. His gaze wasn't soft, and that scared me more to my core.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you doing all this, Esha? Don't waste your precious time on me. I don't deserve your attention. Stop this-"

"Abhi, you succeeded in making me fall for you. I like you, Abhi. I know it's too sudden and shocking for you. But I intended to tell you long before. So, I made all these preparations to make it special for us. Abhi, time spent on the one you like is not wastage of time. You deserve all of it, Abhi."

"I already forgave you for what you did that day, Esha. You don't have to confess to me to ask for my forgiveness when I clearly know you don't like me and my presence around you. Just forget me and stay firm towards your goal."

I couldn't believe what i heard. How could he say that? I know I hurt him once in a very worst way but how could he ignore my feelings for him? Why didn't he look into my eyes and search for the answers to his questions.

At this point, I broke down realizing that he thought that just to ask for his forgiveness, I confessed to him. Yes, I confessed to him to make everything between us normal but still I liked him actually. I fell for him and this was the best time to tell him about my feelings. I couldn't stop my tears from falling down when he further said, "Don't make it hard for me, Esha when I already decided to let you go and set you free because that's what you want."

How? Just how could he hurt me so brutally? I looked at him with my teary eyes and wanted to search the answers to my questions but his eyes lacked any emotion. My lips quivered and my heart clenched so badly that I started crying harder and soon I felt difficulty in breathing.

Cupping his cheeks, I made him look into my eyes and said, "Tell me, Abhi. Whatever you told just now, you didn't mean any of them. Hm?"

I thought he would let down his guard and would hug me tightly taking me in his embrace. But what he did was enough to shatter my soul.

He removed my hands from his cheeks and stood there not uttering a word. Through his silence, he was just trying to tell me that whatever he told me, he meant it. I realized that and looked at my hands which were now shaking in despair, in fear of losing him from my life.