Chapter 7 : Surprise

My parents have always been the socialising couple who have been meeting people and making new friends. But I didn't expect Abhi's parents to be like that too. Sana & Abhi both being my friends, my parents had already claimed Mr & Mrs Roy as my second parents.

Mrs Roy had always been such a sweet person. She always used to see me just like her own daughter. She often called me to ask if I was doing fine, or needed anything while my parents were out. And also when I used to be free, she used to call me over for gossipping. She even sent her handmade food for me through Abhi sometimes. Her handmade food are one of the things I still crave the most.

Few months had already passed. I did good in the first semester and I knew I had to improve more. But Abhi did exceptionally good. I had become sure that he would definitely make it quite far. I felt quite jealous seeing him doing that good. I wished even I could do that. But I was proud of him and I prayed to God that he could be a successful doctor.

It was almost the time for one of the biggest festivals of the country and we had a vacation for that in our college. I didn't even have the slightest knowledge of my and Abhi's parents planning something very big. Without even informing us, both the couples met up and excitedly decided for a group trip to North Bengal.

When we came to know about this trip we were beyond surprised seeing their energy and vitality. But whatever it was, as the tickets were already bought, we just thought to relax & enjoy our vacation a bit.

It was one of the fine evenings, we just had our vacation. As we were gonna have a trip, I was just trying to make up for the time I was going to lose while travelling. I mean, travelling isn't bad. But my studies also was my concern and I just wanted to cover up as much as I could before going for the trip. I was in my room with Patrick (the skeleton) next to me and was studying with a pile of books being spread all over the table.

I had decorated my table with some aesthetic lights, motivating quotes, pen stand, tablet, study lamp, incense sticks & lastly two indoor plants. This had always been my most favourite corner in the entire house.

With my soft, light pink, heart shaped plushie, I was busy wracking my brain off. I was getting irritated as hell as my loose hair strands were constantly blocking my view while I was busy writing my notes. I reached out my hand for the scrunchie in the table but couldn't find one.

"Shit!"

As soon as I said that & was going to get up, I felt someone holding all my hair strands into a grip not a tight one but enough to perfectly make a low ponytail. I looked back being scared about who this intruder was. But my nerves relaxed finding out that it was Abhi. He made a ponytail using the scrunchie he was holding and then backing away a little, he settled down on my bed.

"Guess I wasn't close enough to you so that you could recognize me just by inhaling my scent. Your eyes were almost popping out of your sockets and you were almost on the verge of shouting when I-"

"You should have knocked, Abhi. I mean who doesn't get scared when they are alone in their room and suddenly someone hold their hairs. My reaction was pretty normal, nothing to make fun of."

"I think you aren't happy seeing me here, love. Since I entered this room, you are just shouting on me. I think I'm just making you more uncomfortable, right?"

"N-no Abhi, it's not like that. I was just scared and I didn't nean to hurt you. Of course, I appreciate your presence here. I'm sorr-"

"Never, love. Don't apologize. I was just teasing you. Don't take it seriously, princess,okay?"

I was relieved upon hearing that and hugged his waist tightly and he also hugged me back making me smile. We stayed like that for a few good minutes but we never wanted to leave each other's embrace.