Chapter 8 : Injury

"Honey, what did you tell him? He looked so upset after coming out of your room. Moreover, he talked with us about taking you out for shopping. You must have rejected him that's why he looked so sad. I know baby, that studies are important but remember you should never hurt the feelings of the ones who genuinely care about you. Try talking with him & apologize for your behaviour." Ma said.

I felt extremely guilty because I behaved way too rude with him when he didn't even commit any mistake. Though I already worked out a plan on how to apologize to him, I tried communicating with him before that.

On chat

Me: Hey Abhi, you there?

Me: Abhi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You were just thinking about me while I meaninglessly lashed out on you. I know Abhi I shouldn't have done that. I'm truly sorry Abhi. Please forgive me.

I texted him multiple times and asked for his forgiveness, but he didn't pay any heed to those texts. He left them on seen but never texted back. Then I knew, this time that goofy boy was way too much hurt.

We were about to depart and I along with my parents headed to the railway station for our train. As we reached, I saw Sana waving her hand excitedly at me. I rushed towards her, and we shared a friendly hug. As I broke the hug, I turned towards Abhi who was standing just beside Sana, for hugging him. But as soon as he saw me approaching towards him for a hug, he quickly backed way and diverted his attention towards another direction and started talking with his dad about carrying all the luggage inside the train as it had already reached the station. I felt ignored and it hurt me really bad, but I knew I deserved it all. So, pushing those feelings aside, I made my way towards the compartment.

All the seats were two seaters and as we were five in number, one had to sacrifice sitting with his/her family member.

Wanting to grab this chance of sitting with him so that I could be close to him and could apologize to him properly, I asked him about it.

"Abhi, let's sit together." I whispered.

Abhi neither looked at me nor did he reply to me.

"Mom, I'll be sitting alone in 145. You guys pair up and sit with one another."

Saying this, he quickly went to his seat and sat down so that nobody could protest to his words. Gradually, everyone settled down in their respective seats. I sat with Sana. Sana kept on talking with me until she was tired and fell asleep. But my mind was somewhere else. I just couldn't concentrate on anything but him. Our seats were side by side. As I was looking at him, I found him turning his head to the other side so as to avoid my gaze. He was trying to sleep in that uncomfortable position but I couldn't let him do so just because of me. If my presence was making him uncomfortable, then I would better stay away from him for time being at least till I apologized to him.

I requested Aunty who was sitting with Ma to sit with Sana. "She is sleeping and she really needs a shoulder to lean on. Furthermore, I have something to talk about with Ma. So-"

"Its okay Esha. Not an issue. Let's exchange our seats." Aunty said.

I was sad because he was ignoring me and I was really not used to it. So after having my dinner, I took a nap to calm down my mind.

We reached the NJP station the very next day even before dawn. We had already booked 2 cars to take us to our destination. Ma, Pa, Aunty & uncle boarded one and we took the other. Again, Abhi avoided  me and sat in the front seat. Why couldn't he understand that these actions of his were hurting me terribly? He looked unaffected but I was suffering from inside and I bet he knew that.

Eternally Yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें