Chapter 14: Keep me in your embrace

I was preparing to sleep earlier than usual because next day, our results were going to be out and I was damn nervous about it.

It was almost midnight and I was busy making my bed, when I heard a loud thud on the door of my balcony. I quickly ran to see what happened, but there was nothing. Only a small pebble lay there. I looked down from the balcony to see if someone was there in the garden. But I found nobody. So, I just shrugged off my thoughts and went inside. I was locking the door of my balcony and was going to draw the curtains, when I heard a similar sound again.

I got extremely agitated right now, so I just barged out and shouted,"Who the hell are you? What's your problem? Wanna play hide and seek in this late night, huh? Well then, I am not interested. And why are you silent now? I'm going downstairs, and gonna get you now. Enough of your stupid stunts."

There was nobody at the front side of the garden. So, I headed to the back side.

As soon as I stepped there, I was completely taken aback. Abhi, Sana, my parents, Aunty and uncle altogether said screaming,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ESHA."

I blinked multiple times to load what was happening, and then looked around to get a glimpse of the most finest birthday arrangements of life.

~

On the swing in the garden, an elegant birthday cake was kept with lots of small teddies and chocolates, adoring the seat. The top of the swing was beautifully decorated with balloons. At the front, a table was kept with all my favourite dishes on it. In a word, I never thought such amazing birthday arrangements could ever be made in a garden.

"You guys---aww, I feel so blessed and loved." I wiped my tears which were flowing out in extreme happiness.

Pa and Maa came forward and they hugged me in their embrace.

"Happy birthday, our little princess. Your Maa and I are always there for you, Esha. Just be strong, happy and live your life wisely."

.
.
.
.
.

A gold ring with a small diamond glistening on it, at the centre wrapped around my finger hugging it perfectly. My parents gifted me that. I almost teared up again remembering that I once demanded to have this ring, in my childhood. My parents remembered my wish and gifted me that just in the perfect time. Who wouldn't cry feeling the deep warmth of love?

"Aish, Esha! Why are you crying on your birthday, hm? Come to your Aunty."

I walked towards her in my baby steps as she opened her arms for me and I threw myself in her arms. She patted my head and moved her fingers softly through my hairs.

"Cut the cake now, hm?"

I took the knife and sat on my knees to cut the chocolate lava cake kept on the swing. A birthday crown was placed on my head as I touched it tracing with my fingers and looked up to see Abhi placing it on my head. He gave me a cheek-to-cheek smile and I reciprocated by returning him the smile.

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Esha,
Happy birthday to you!

I cut the cake and took a piece of cake to make everyone eat.

"Abhi, here."

"Happy birthday, love." I blushed at his statement but mumbled a small thanks anyway. He also made me eat some cake but the naughty him applied some chocolate on my cheeks and ran away.

I couldn't help but smile at his naughtiness.

"Anyways, you guys gotta tell me now, who made all these arrangements? Especially the cake and the dishes?"