~ 0.7 ~

"Professor? What are the families that had sigils?" Lily Evans asked. She heard about it once or twice and read about it several times.

The history professor turned around. A sparkle in his eye was visible. It was as if that question gave him some inspiration to finally teach at once. He floated towards the table before writing something on the board. This class was another class they shared with gryffindors

If there was anyone better to ask about the past, it would be either the ghosts or the portraits. They've been here for decades. They have seen how young Tom Marvolo Riddle ended up being Lord Voldermort. They saw how each member of the Black family became insane in their own ways. They saw everything.

"Anyone familiar with the sacred twenty-eight?" The ghost asked asked. Ayla and Remus raised their hands. "Yes, ms. Goldstein?" Ayla took a deep breath. "The sacred twenty-eight contains the list of families whose blood was never sullied by muggles.. these families are purest of the pure. Their magical bloodline dates way back. It is said that the families keep secret spells and magic between them." She said.

"Oh no." James and Julia said in unison.

"Yes, Potters?" The professor asked.

"Potters are indeed part of the sacred twenty-eight however we don't prioritize blood purity that much compared to the others. We are only part of the sacred twenty-eight because of our ancestors. The Peverells. The others might be but we are not the purest of the pure." Julia explained and James agreed wholeheartedly.

"Peverells? Aren't they a descendant of the master of death?" Someone from Ravenclaw asked. Binns nodded.

"They are indeed. We'll talk about them later. Thank you for sharing with us, Miss Potter."

Lily is interested with the sacred twenty-eight. It might seem a bit foolish for her to do seeing as she's a muggleborn but she can't help but have a sense of awe.

Blacks

Malfoys

Lestranges

Binns began writing three popular last names. Julia looked at Sirius in concern. "Are you okay?" She wispered. Sirius nodded and held her hand. "Mhm, don't worry."

Bins started talking. "The old houses, most dating back to before hogwarts. Their bloodlines.. unsullied my muggles." Everyone looked at Sirius. The only one with the last name mentioned on the board. As Binns mentioned their heritage, they slowly became intimidated by the three.

Remus and Peter knew of this, of course. However, they always fail to realize how powerful the Blacks and Potters are seeing as they seem like normal wizards.

"Of course after Grindlewald that mindset became unfashionable.. but some have managed to persevere."

Bins floated towards the board and encircled the Malfoys. He then floated towards the students. "Most notable. The Noble and Most Ancient.. the great pureblood dynasty."

Sirius could be heard scoffing.

"The Malfoys House of the Serpent." Lily recounted the amount of times she saw a particular ring on Lucius' finger. It was a serpent. Bins did a spell that made a fake serpent glide across the room. The class followed it as it became mist. The entire class seemed to have finally realized how powerful the Malfoys are.

"Commonly known members of this family are Abraxas Malfoy and Lucius Malfoy.

Sirius and James rolled their eyes.

Binns circled the next name. "The Lestranges House of the Rook." They stared as Binns did something that made birds float around the entire room.

"Roderick Lestrange.. Amabel Lestrange.. Rodolphus Lestrange.. and Bellatrix Lestrange."

"And finally.." He said and floated towards Lyra. "The Blacks House of the Dragon." Sirius also had a similar ring to Lucius. Except for the fact that his was a dragon. "Perhaps the most interesting one." He said.

"Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange used to be Blacks before they married." Binns explained.

"We have Cygnus Black.. Andromeda Black.. Alphard Black.. Walburga Black.. Orion Black.. .. Regulus Black.. and the Black heir, Sirius Black."

The entire class allowed themselves to process this information. They know that the Blacks are powerful..but they never knew how powerful they really are.

"Their name was originally an insult.. the house used to use their dragons.. most notably the Herbidian black scale to burn cities to the ground then take control."

Binns looked at Sirius' stormy eyes. "Would you like to add more, Mister Black?"

"Ruler of Ashes and Soot.. House of Black." He said.

Binns turned towards him. "Exactly. It is rumured that they've got a dragon skull in their living room..is this true Mr. Black?"

"Yes." He confirmed. Several gasps could be heard. Julia wants to know more about the Black family. If there was something that yells old money rich that held thousands of secrets..it would be the Blacks.

"You're joking!" Dorcas yelled. Sirius shook his head. "It's true. It is placed on the middle of the house. It is gigantic." He tried to explain the best he can.

Frank raised his hand to ask a question. "What about the Potters proffesor? Are they not included?"

Binns just chuckled. A familiar memory flashing across his mind. "The feud between Malfoys and Potters wasn't formed by James and Lucius. Fleamont and Abraxas would always argue way back.. rumurs say that Abraxas Malfoy apparently has a stag's head hung up in their house. The Potter family sigil." He explained.

"So.. are they like the most.." Peter asked carefully. Peter was asking if Potters were the richest. He has heard about the potion Fleamont Potter brewed. It was a very popular one. "The Malfoys?" Lily asked. Lucius always boasted about how rich they arw. Binns shook his head and laughed once again. "That is where you are wrong."

"No..no.. Potters and Malfoys are just rich."

"House of Black is essentially royalty."

"The Blacks have the deepest and richest heritage.. not just by money.. they know and hold secrets that have been passed on for several generations.. they contain knowledge only pureblood family knows.. they are indeed royalty."

"They also had the most powerful wizards ever known. The House of Black has more secrets than you can ever imagine..I would no longer be shocked if someone dead from this family suddenly comes back to life."