baking boy

————𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘
♡₊˚ ・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆
chapter seventeen

𓈒ׂ𐙚 

"Is Mason your boyfriend?"

The teams began working, gathering all the ingredients from Lilah's massive pantry. Dylan kept trying to get Angelica's attention and form the conversation the whole time, but she was just trying to focus.

"Soo.. favorite book?" Dylan asked, leaning over the counter and watching as Angelica began mixing the dry ingredients together.

"Pride and prejudice? Or maybe shatter me." She responded. "How much baking soda?"

"Uhh.. 2 T. S. P. Does that mean tablespoon or teaspoon?" Dylan asked, looking over at his phone, confused. Angelica just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Have you ever baked before?" The brunette asked the boy, and he flushed in embarrassment. "It means teaspoons dumbass."

"Noted." He said back. He scrolled on his phone for a few minutes, before Angelica interrupted him and asked for him to stir the batter. She hoped this would make him shut up a bit, but she still couldn't seem to stop talking.

"You're playing Astrid in How to Train Your Dragon, right?" Dylan asked, his eyes not leaving her face.

"Mhm." She hummed in response.

"And Mason's playing Hiccup." He asked, but it sounded less like a question. "Is uhhh.. he your boyfriend?"

Angelica looked away from her phone and at his face. "What?"

"Is Mason your boyfriend?" Dylan asked, but stopped when Angelica still wasn't responding. "No, you don't have to answer, maybe you two want to have a secret relationship or..." he said, suddenly realizing the awkwardness of the conversation.

"No. He's.. not my boyfriend." Angelica said, looking over at Mason for a brief second, and then back at Dylan. "We're.. friends. Or something."

Dylan just looked at her, clearly not believe this. "Right.."

𓈒ׂ𐙚 

After a while, the awkwardness between the two faded. Their cupcakes were now in the oven, and they were working on the frosting. Dylan stirred while Angelica told him the ingredients, teaching him a few baking tips along the way.

"Okay, so this is a buttercream." She said, looking at the recipe.

"I got it, I got it." Dylan said, taking the phone from her hand. "Lemme do it."

Angelica giggled before saying "no way."

"What?? Why." The curly-haired boy pleaded, "I've gotten so much better at baking thanks to you."

"Yeah no." She said, giving him a sarcastic smile.

She read him through the recipe, watching to make sure he was doing everything right. Once they were done with the frosting, they put it to the side and pulled out their cupcakes from the oven, letting the cool.

Angelica looked over, noticing that Mason and Angelica were still doing the frosting, and Halle and Winston were just putting their cupcakes in the over.

"We're in the lead." Angelica said, looking back at Dylan with a smile.

"Obviously, since you have the best partner here." Dylan said dramatically.

"Uhm... keep telling yourself that buddy. I think it's you that has the best partner here." The brunette girl said, and he just rolled his eyes at her jokingly.

"Is it time to.. y'know?" Dylan asked, motioning towards Lilah and Mason. Dylan was talking about their plan from earlier. The plan to make them win. Angelica knew that Halle and Winston weren't a threat, but Lilah and Mason.. they had a chance of winning.

"Mhm. I think it is.." she said, smirking at him.

𓈒ׂ𐙚

Helloo
Longer chapter for you 🙈 mwah
thank you for all the love! Ily so much, and it's the reason I continue to write this story. I'm so sorry for the slow updates 😭😭
ALSO- PLEASE go read my new story 'ALWAYS FOREVER, (Brady noon)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/359502515-𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒-𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑-brady-noon

DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND ADD TO READING LIST 🫡🌷