she is just a girl, and he is just a boy

————𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘
♡₊˚ ・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆
chapter twenty

𓈒ׂ𐙚

"Mason?"

Angelica groggily sat up from the sinking couch. Half of her body seemed to be stuck between some pillows, while Lilah leaned against her on the other half, completely immersed in a deep sleep.

She looked around the dark ambience. Both Winston and Halle were cuddled up together in the other couch, while both Mason and Dylan were no where to be seen.

She tried to recall what had happened the night before. They had done their skincare, then watched two and a half movies until each one of them had fallen asleep, or was too tired to even bother turning the television off.

She tried to carefully peel herself from the sofa, careful not to wake the others. The faint sound from some movie she didn't recognize played on the TV. She didn't feel like turning it off, so she decided to head to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

It was 4:39 A.M., not early enough for the sun to rise yet, but also not dark enough to call it midnight.

Inside the kitchen, she poured herself a tall glass ice water, until she suddenly felt another presence behind her. It was too dark in the room to realize who it was.

"Uhh.. hello?" She murmured, turning around carefully.

"Hey." The voice said groggily, and she jumped, accidentally spilling her ice water all over the figure's shirt.

"Shit. Shit. My bad." She whispered, quickly turning on a light, only to notice who it was. "Mason?"

He just frowned at her in response. He wore a black t-shirt and blue flannel pajama pants. Well, his black t-shirt which was now soaking wet, no thanks to her.

"Thanks." He smiled sarcastically at her, grabbing a towel and trying to dab his shirt dry, but it didn't seem to do much.

"I'm sorry it was an accident?" The brunette girl rolled her eyes. Why did he always have an attitude? "It's not my fault you scared me, okay?"

"Geez okay. No need for an attitude, Downey." He said, and Angelica had to stop herself from blushing at the nickname.

"Me with the attitude? Mason, you're like.. always with an attitude. You're bitchy 24/7."

He just ignored her, looking at the ceiling, leaning his back against the counter and popping open a soda.

"That's it? The first time we're alone in the same room in... ages, and you can't even talk to me? Let alone look at me?" She let out angrily.

"Well what am I supposed to do? It seemed like we were on no speaking terms." He finally looked at her, but she couldn't seem to keep eye contact, and now she was the one to break it.

"Yeah, well... because of you. You were the one who got mad, for no reason at all." She shrugged, turning away from his gaze. She couldn't take this.

"Right, right. No reason at all." He muttered, and Angelica could just hear the eye roll.

"You know what Mason? I don't know what your problem is. We're supposed to act like love interests, and you can't even talk to me without... I don't know, being annoying? What the fuck is your problem?"

"My problem? I'm the one with the problem? You're the one who's ALL OVER Dylan Hoffman. Oh, Dylan this, oh Dylan that."

"Me?? You're the one who's all of a sudden DATING LILAH!!"

"Oh yeah? And why the fuck should you care. It's not like we're dating Angelica."

Angelica didn't know how to respond to this. She was speechless. He was right. Her and Mason weren't dating, let alone friends anymore. She felt tears brim her eyes, but she wouldn't let herself cry in front of him. Not here, not ever.

"You-" she said, and was careful not to let her tears fall. "You're fucking mean Mason. I.. I never want to talk to you. Ever again." She ran out of the room, locking herself in the bathroom to at last let out the tears she had been holding in for so long.

Mason, on the other hand, just stayed there. Now he was the speechless one. He didn't really mean to hurt her feelings, or make her cry. No. He didn't mean to. But he did, and he could never forgive himself for that. After all, it was really all his fault, wasn't it?

Welcome to the beginning of the end, for she is just a girl, and he is just a boy.

𓈒ׂ𐙚 

author
and this is where the angst begins....

ik they say school comes first but....
ily yall too much
also im so so sos sos sososososooso sorry for the long break
I'm back to release the last few episodes 🙏
alsooooo chapter twenty ???!? ty so much
DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT
ILY 🤗🩷🙈❤️‍🩹