the dress

————𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘
♡₊˚ ・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆
chapter twenty three

𓈒ׂ𐙚

"stop thinking about mason"

The three girls all got ready for the premiere, upbeat music filling the silence in the background. It had felt like forever since Angelica had seen either one of her best friends, and she desperately needed to forget about the people she'd be forced to see that night.

While Madeleine silently did her makeup in front of the mirror, Shay seemed to be contemplating on which dress to wear. "Should I wear this one?" she asked, putting a light pink dress up to her chest, "or this one?" this time she grabbed a sparkly black dress and put it up to her chest.

"The black one." Madeleine answered, blending in her blush. "We'll be matching."

"Ooh yes!" The blonde grinned, putting on the dress. She then accompanied Madeleine at the vanity. "What are you gonna wear Geli?"

The brunette sighed. She didn't really know what to wear. Madeleine and Shay took the message, and began rummaging through her closet, to find the perfect dress for her.

Madeleine grabbed a light blue dress, and put it up to the girl, "what about this?"

Shay immediately ran over giggling. "Yes, you have to wear that! You'll look so pretty."

Angelica looked at herself in the mirror, then back at the dress. Would she really look pretty? What would Mason think?

"Stop thinking about Mason." Madeleine sighed, bringing the brunette back to reality.

"What- how do you know I'm thinking about Mason?" She replied, and Madeleine just raised an eyebrow. "Fine. Ok, Maddie. I'll stop."

"Good." Madeleine pat Angelica's shoulder. "Put on the dress,"

"Yes ma'am." The brunette joked, putting on the light blue dress her friends had picked out for her. Despite their compliments, she still couldn't help but think that she wasn't good enough.

Chase Atlantic 'Consume' played in the background, and Angelica took a good look at herself in the mirror. She turned around to face her friends and immediately felt her cheeks go warm. Did she really look pretty in this dress?

"Dayummmm girl!" Shay ran up to the brunette, pulling her into a tight hug. "This is the dress. You look stunning!"

Madeleine smiled, going over to hug Angelica next. "She's right. And if Mason doesn't notice what he's missing out on.." she began cracking her knuckles, balling her hands into a fist.

"Woah, ok Maddie." The brunette said, putting her hands up in defense. "This.. isn't about Mason. It's about the movie. The premiere."

Madeleine rolled her eyes, "right, right."

The girls all helped each other do their hair and finish up their makeup, giggling, gossiping and singing to trashy music at the same time.