Chapter 33

Arnav

How can she say that I'm harassing her? I love her for God's sake. Why would I do something like that?

But wasn't she right?...

Have I not been doing that?

Have I not avoided her feelings?

Have I not prioritized my feelings over hers?...

She deserves better... Much... Better. Than me.
But don't I also deserve to be happy?
Doesn't everyone?...

Even the ones who are at fault?.... No... they don't. I don't. I should let go of her. I... should let her be happy. I have to let her go... if I want her to be happy.

I... will. I will let her go. I won't chain her anymore. No matter... No matter how much it hurts, I-I will let her be happy. I will. I have to.

I nodded my head with a tightness on my throat and stood up from my bed and opened the cupboard door. I took out a brown crisp envelope, then went to sit on the recliner as I placed it on the table in front of me.

I...I have to. I have to. For her.

I broke the seal on the opening of the envelope and pulled out the papers from inside... The unofficial divorce papers, as she had said.

For her mental satisfaction...

I grabbed a pen from the holder as I stared at Khushi's signature at the bottom right corner of the deed.

I swallowed deeply before I started signing at the bottom left corner of the 13-page deed.

Its done.

I clasped the pen off, then stared at the divorce papers written in large font on the cover.

You're free from me, Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta.

You're free.