1

I've been thinking about writing this for a long time. I hope you like it. Enjoy your reading.

Kıvılcım is thirty years old and has been in a relationship with Selim for four years. She works for the well-known and largest book publishing company in Istanbul as the executive editor-in-chief. Employees working at this book publishing company do not like her because of her behavior and its treatment of them as servants. They gave her the nickname 'the witch'.

It's morning and like every day after breakfast at home she goes to a cafe near the waterfront. She is ordering a large latte with oat milk.

Kıvılcım: Hi, Kerem.

Kerem: Hello, Kıvılcım. Latte with oat milk as usual?

Kıvılcım: You know me very well.

Kerem: Additionally, you'll get a cheesecake on the house.

Kıvılcım: Ah, no need.

Kerem: Try it and tell me tomorrow if it tasted.

Kıvılcım: Fine.

Kerem made coffee to go and served it to her with a piece of cake. She got in her car and went to work. A few minutes later, she arrived in front of the book publishing company. She got out of the car and gave the keys to the worker to park her car. When she entered, the receptionist immediately wrote in the staff chat that Kıvılcım had come to work.

'Witch on the way'

All the employees interrupted their conversations, stopped what they were doing, and quickly went to their desks. Kıvılcım took the elevator to the seventh floor, where she has the office. She came down a long hallway. Everyone was looking at her. As she passed by, she heard a silent 'good morning'.

She went into her office, hung her coat on a hanger, and sat down at her desk. She put her purse on the cupboard behind her and took a sip of coffee. She could see almost the whole city from her office. Kıvılcım liked to look at them in the morning, right after she came to work. It calmed her down.

Her phone rang.

Kıvılcım: Yes? I'm coming.

She went to her boss's office. His assistant went inside and told him that Kıvılcım had come.

Assistant: Mr. Cihan is waiting for you.

Kıvılcım: Thank You.

She went into the office and locked the door.

Cihan: Please sit down. We need to talk.

Kıvılcım: Something wrong?

Cihan: You know how much I value you. You're the best at your job.

Kıvılcım: I'm very glad to hear that.

Cihan: I've been thinking about expanding our company for a long time.

Kıvılcım: Why?

Cihan: I want to relieve you a little bit. You come to work every day at 7:00 a.m, and sometimes you leave after 9:00 p.m. You're wasting your private life.

Kıvılcım: Who said that?

Cihan: I say so. I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I've decided to hire a second editor.