14

Today is the trial of Kıvılcım's shooting. Despite Omer's objections, Kıvılcım went to court. She wanted to be there and see for herself how her father is sentenced to prison. She was feeling better physically, but mentally it was hard. She kept remembering that moment.

She got dressed, put on make-up, and went to breakfast. Omer was waiting for her. She kissed him on the cheek and sat next to him.

Omer: Good morning, sleepyhead.

Kıvılcım: Good morning.

Omer: Are you sure you want to go?

Kıvılcım: Yes.

Omer: I'll go with you. You can't be out there alone. It's gonna be a huge emotion for you.

Kıvılcım: No need. I can do it. I have to go there. Maybe it'll help me forget about him and what he's done.

Omer: Okay, but if anything happens, call me. I'll be worried.

She laughed.

Omer: What?

Kıvılcım: Nothing, you just say it every day.

Omer: Just so you know.

Kıvılcım: I know, don't worry.

Kıvılcım went to court. She went inside and went to the courtroom where the trial is going to take place. She sat in the chair in front of the door and looked at her watch. The trial starts in half an hour.

A few minutes later, the cops came with Orhan. His hands were handcuffed. Orhan, looking around the hallway, noticed his daughter.

Orhan: Kıvılcım, daughter.

Kıvılcım did not answer. She looked at him and stood up. He wanted to approach her. He was trying to get out of the hands of the cops. He asked them to talk to her. They agreed. They approached Kıvılcım, but as soon as they stood in front of her, she took a step backwards.

Orhan: Daughter.

Kıvılcım: Daughter?

Orhan: You're my daughter.

Kıvılcım: You don't have a daughter and I don't have a father.

She turned her back on him and went the other way. He shouted her name, but Kıvılcım ignored him. The cops had to silence Orhan.

The prosecutor and Orhan and his lawyer were called into the courtroom. Kıvılcım followed them and sat down behind the seat reserved for the audience. The judge entered the courtroom. The trial has begun. The judge presented the charge against the defendant. The prosecutor began his speech. He presented all the evidence against Orhan. He gave the judge all the documents he had.

Orhan's lawyer tried everything he could to prove it was an accident, but the judge's decision was different. The judge ruled that Orhan was sentenced to 6 years in prison. Kıvılcım relieved. She was glad she wouldn't see him again. After the verdict was pronounced, she left the court. Haluk watched his daughter leave. Tears came from his eyes and he said quietly 'I'm sorry'.

She got in her car and went to Omer. She said hello to the staff and Mr. Cihan.

Cihan: Hello Kıvılcım.

Kıvılcım: Hello Mr. Cihan.

Cihan: How are you feeling? Everything okay?

Kıvılcım: Yes. It's getting better.

Cihan: Good. I'm glad thath you are okay. When are you going back to work?

Kıvılcım: I don't know. I need time. A lot has happened lately.