3

Today is a tough day for Kıvılcım. This morning's incident with Omer was the beginning of a bad day.

The author of a crime novel came to her. Kıvılcım made some text corrections. She introduced them to him. He analyzed it, and he got very angry.

Man: What's that supposed to be? It doesn't make sense. Why did you change that?

Kıvılcım: I've read that novel a few times. Some things didn't suit me. I was wondering how I could change it to make sense. And I think, now it sounds better.

Man: But this is a crime novel. There must be tension here. The reader has to guess what might happen in the future.

Kıvılcım: And so it is.

Man: NO!!!! IT IS NOT LIKE THAT!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CHANGE THAT!!

Kıvılcım: Calm down. Please don't yell at me.

Man: PLEASE DON'T TEACH ME!

Everyone in the hallway heard him screaming. They were shocked because it was the first time someone had raised their voice to her. Omer also heard this man. He came out of his office and asked one employee what was happening. When he learned everything, he went into Kıvılcım's office and stood in front of them.

Omer: What's going on here?

Kıvılcım: Nothing.

Man: Nothing?!?! That woman is abnormal. I trusted her because she's the best editor, and what did she do? She ruined the novel.

Omer: Really?

Man: Yes. Now it doesn't make sense.

Omer: May I see the novel? Original version and revised version.

Kıvılcım: No need, Mr. Omer.

Omer: No. I wonder what caused that gentleman's reaction.

The man gave him two copies. Kıvılcım was furious because Omer interferes with her work. Omer read the text excerpt from the original version and the same text excerpt after correction.

Omer: I'm impressed, Mrs. Kıvılcım. I think it all makes sense now. This is all very well presented. The reader will wonder for a long time what will happen in the future. I like it.

Man: What are you saying? You're taking her side?

Omer: Mr.  ...

Man: Adem. My name is Adem.

Omer: Well, Mr. Adem. Mrs. Kıvılcım is the best in her profession. Like her, I'm also an editor. Our task is to prepare the text for publication. We make adjustments and see if there are any stylistic errors. You trusted Mrs. Kıvılcım so I don't understand your anger towards her. It's thanks to her that your novel could be popular all over Turkey and perhaps the world. Please restrain your emotions and accept with dignity the amendments introduced by Mrs Kıvılcım.

He threw those two copies at him and walked out of her office. Kıvılcım was in shock. Mr. Adem was also shocked. He picked up the copies of this novel from the floor and sat down on the couch. He apologized to Kıvılcım. He felt stupid. He was ashamed of how he reacted. Omer was right. That's her job.

Adem: I-I. I lost my temper. Excuse me.

Kıvılcım: It happens.

Adem: I accept. I accept the corrections you made to my novel.

Kıvılcım: I understand.

Adem: Let me know when everything is ready. I agree to everything.

Kıvılcım: Okay.