7

They both stood wrapped in their own towels. Omer went into the bathroom and closed the door. He went into the shower. Omer leaned his hands against the wall and water was pouring over his head. He had Kıvılcım in front of his eyes. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened a few minutes earlier.

Kıvılcım sat down on the bed. She pulled her hair back with her hands and took a deep breath. Her hands started shaking. On the other hand, she felt fear and on the other, she felt like she had butterflies in her belly.

...

It's been some time. Neither of them spoke to each other. Kıvılcım has been avoiding him since the morning accident. She couldn't look him in the eyes. Omer tried to talk to her, but every time he tried, Kıvılcım left the room.

Omer's brother Mert arrived with his wife and children Gamze, Berk and Osman. Omer and Kıvılcım came to greet them.

Mert: You're Kıvılcım, right?
Kıvılcım: It's me.
Mert: Nice to meet you. I'm Mert. This is my wife, Neslihan and children. Gamze, she's 9 years old. Berk, he's 17 years old and Osman, he's 19 years old.
Neslihan: Hello Kıvılcım. Nice to meet you, finally. [she smiled]
Kıvılcım: Hello. Nice to meet you, too.
Mert: I hope my father didn't do anything.
Kıvılcım: No.
Omer: He always says that.
Mert: Because I know houw our father reacts when we meet someone.
Haluk: Be quiet, Mert! Let's go to the garden. We'll have a cup of tea and talk.
Omer: Fine.

The whole family sat in the garden. The maid brought tbem tea. Mert and Neslihan looked at Omer and Kıvılcım.

Omer: What?
Mert: How long have you been together?
Omer: More than year.
Neslihan: You proposed to her. Congratulations.
Omer: Thank you.
Mert: You're finally getting married.
Omer: Finally. [he smiled]
Neslihan: Kıvılcım, where is your ring?

Kıvılcım looked at her hand and then at Omer. They both didn't know what to say. He saw the fear in her eyes. He grabbed her hand and turned to his brother and sister-in-law.

Omer: There isn't. I proposed to her without the ring.
Haluk: How is that so? Omer, what is this?
Mert: Can't you afford to buy a ring for the woman you love?
Omer: What are these questions? It was just a spontaneous proposal.
Demet: Son, you can't do that.
Neslihan: Kıvılcım became sad because of this.
Haluk: Daughter, there's nothing to be sad about. You will receive a ring.
Kıvılcım: No, it's not like that. I'm not sad about it.
Demet: We will arrange an engagement. We will go to Kıvılcım's family to ask for a hand in marriage.

Kıvılcım began to worry. She didn't want her family to know about it. She knows her parents would react. Kıvılcım get closer to him and whispered.

Kıvılcım: Omer, do something. My parents can't find out about this.
Omer: I know.
Kıvılcım: This lie has gone too far.
Omer: Don't worry. Everything will be fine.

Haluk: Let's do it as soon as possible.
Omer: No. There is no need for that. I've already proposed to Kıvılcım once. We don't to do this a second time.
Haluk: Son ...
Omer: I said no.
Mert: Okay dad. Let's leave him alone. I think it's unnecessary.
Omer: I'm going to go to the jewellery shop and buy her the most expensive ring they'll have. She deserves the best. Do you want to say anything else? No? Great!

Kıvılcım turned towards him and smiled. All she ever wondered was if everything he said was true or if it was just part of the lie about the wedding.

Neslihan: You love her. I see it. You haven't smiled in a very long time.
Omer: I know.
Neslihan: Kıvılcım, you changed my brother-in-law.
Haluk: I agree.
Demet: We're glad you came into our son's life.

Is this love ...?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara