4

Kıvılcım wrote to Selim that she wanted to meet. She sent him the address of the cafe. She went there right after work. Ten minutes later, she was there. Kıvılcım went inside and sat at the table by the window. She ordered coffee for herself.

After a few minutes of waiting, Selim entered the cafe. He looked around to find Kıvılcım. When she saw it, she raised her hand up and waved to him. He went up to her and greeted her, kissing her on the cheek. He sat down opposite her.

Selim: You wanted to talk to me. Is it something important?

Kıvılcım: Yes.

She took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and exhaled.

Selim: So?

Kıvılcım: I want to break up. I won't hide the fact that our relationship didn't work out. I thought it would be okay, but I was wrong. It's better for both of us.

Selim: W-what are you saying? I thought you loved me. Okay, you didn't accept my proposal, but you said you didn't want to get married because you're in a good situation like this. What's changed?

Kıvılcım: I was fooling myself into loving you. I said it so I wouldn't hurt you.

Selim: Are you kidding?

Kıvılcım: No.

Selim: Who is that?

Kıvılcım: I don't understand?

Selim: I ask, who this man is.

Kıvılcım: What man?

Selim: Are you seeing someone?

Kıvılcım: What?

Selim: I don't believe what you're saying. You're dating someone or you wouldn't have done it.

Kıvılcım: I'm not seeing anyone.

Selim: That is Omer, isn't it? Is that him?

Kıvılcım: No. Stop it. This conversation doesn't make sense anymore. I'm leaving. Bye!

Selim: Where are you going? I haven't finished talking yet.

Kıvılcım: But I'm done.

Kıvılcım got out of her chair and left the café. She got into the car and breathed a sigh of relief. She started laughing. She hasn't felt this good in a long time. She texted Alev and Burak saying she broke up with Selim. They wrote back saying they were very happy to hear it.

2 days later:

Today is the 20th anniversary of Cihan's book publishing company. Famous businessmen, sponsors, journalists, authors of books published by this company, and many others were invited. 

Kıvılcım confirmed her presence with a companion, but since she broke up with Selim, she had to go alone. However, her brother Burak decided to go with her at the last minute. She wore a black knee dress with bare shoulders.