22

On the one hand, Kıvılcım was happy that she was expecting a child, but on the other, she had doubts about whether she would cope as a mother. She didn't want to go back to work, so she asked for a day off. She came home and started making dinner. During this, she wondered how to tell Omer about the baby. She didn't want to do it so normal, she wanted it to be a special moment for both of them.

Demet called her.

Kıvılcım: Hello, mom.

Demet: Hello, daughter. Do you have a moment?

Kıvılcım: Yes.

Demet: Great. Do you remember Omer's birthday is in two days?

Kıvılcım paused cook for a moment. She grabbed her head and shouted 'Damn'. She forgot about his birthday.

Demet: Kıvılcım? Are you there?

Kıvılcım: Yes. Ehm... Yeah, I remember about his birthday. How could I forget my husband's birthday? [laughed nervously]

Demet: I knew you'd remember. So I'm planning to organize a little family party for him. What do you think about that? I know there's not much time left, but there's not much preparation for this.

Kıvılcım: Of course, it would be good to celebrate his birthday with the whole family.

Demet: I'll call Sonmez and tell her about the party.

Kıvılcım: Good. In our house or yours?

Demet: In yours, if there is such a possibility.

Kıvılcım: Yes, no problem.

Demet: I've already ordered the cake, so there's nothing else to buy.

Kıvılcım: Okay. Thank you!

Demet: It's no big deal. See you!

Kıvılcım: See you.

Omer came home. He went to the kitchen and smiled at his wife. He approached her from behind, embraced her and put his hands on her belly. Kıvılcım felt butterflies in her stomach. She kept herself from telling him that she is pregnant. She leaned her head against his right shoulder and closed her eyes. Omer kissed her on the head.

Omer: Hello, darling.

Kıvılcım: Welcome.

Omer: My beautiful wife made dinner for her husband?

Kıvılcım: Yes.

Omer: Thank you.

Kıvılcım: Go sit at the table, and I'll bring the food in a minute.

Omer: I'll help you.

He took the plates and brought them to the dining room. He put them on the table and they both sat down. Omer took the first bite. He smiled and began to delight in his wife's sensational dish. Kıvılcım laughed at him.

Kıvılcım: Ah, Omer! Enough!

Omer: But this is soooo delicious.

Kıvılcım: Okay, I understand.

Omer: Ehm, by the way, why did you leave work?

Kıvılcım: I...I had to go to the municipal office.

Omer: Why?

Kıvılcım: Little thing. Not important.

Omer: Kıvılcım, what's happening? You're getting nervous, your hands are shaking.