23

There was joy at home. Demet and Sonmez cried. They went up to Kıvılcım and hugged her, and Haluk went up to Omer and shook his hand. Kıvılcım and Omer accepted congratulations from the rest of the family and sat in the living room. Demet went to the kitchen to get the cake and lit the candles. She entered the living room with a cake in her hands, singing 'Happy birthday'. The others joined. Demet put the cake on the table and looked at her son.

Demet: Before you blow out the candles, make a wish.

Omer: I don't have to, I have everything.

He smiled and blew out the candles. Everybody started clapping. Omer took the knife in his hand and started cutting the cake. Burak helped him hand out plates of cake.

Burak: Everybody has got cake?

Demet: Yes.

Omer: Good. And I want to say something. Thank you so much for this amazing birthday surprise. I'm happy that I have such lovely family. Today is my the best day in my life. My wife gave me wonderful birthday present. I don't need anything more. Thank you again.

Sonmez: That's right. Congratulations! And happy birthday again, Omer!

Kıvılcım: Thank you, mom.

Demet: I'm sorry, son, but Kıvılcım is in the spotlight right now. She's pregnant and she's expecting our grandson. You don't even know how happy I am.

Haluk: I am very happy! Great news.

Alev: I'm finally gonna be an aunt!

Omer: Thank you all! Just don't tire my wife. [he smiled]

Kıvılcım: I'll get tired of arguing with you than their questions. [she smiled]

Demet: Pardon? Were you arguing with your pregnant wife?

Omer: Wait-

Haluk: Son, you can't do that. What if something happened to the baby?

Omer: But I just found out I'm gonna be a father. Why are you attacking me right now?

Demet: Doesn't change the fact that you were arguing with a pregnant woman.

Omer: But I didn't know she was pregnant.

Haluk: It would be best if you hadn't argued with her in the first place. What's that supposed to mean?

Burak: I agree.

Omer: But... Kıvılcım, will you say something?

Kıvılcım: What should I say? That you came home drunk and didn't tell me you were leaving?

Omer: My love, why are we talking about this right now?

Kıvılcım: I'm sorry, I know it's your birthday, but while we're talking about it, we need to end this. We talked that day, it wasn't a nice conversation. You left the house without telling me. I knew I was pregnant then. I called you, you didn't answer. You've been gone for a long time, I started to worry. I felt cramps in my lower abdomen. It wasn't a good sign, but I tried to calm down. The next day it happened again... offfffffff, Omer. I had doubts whether to tell you or not.

Omer: If I'd known before ...

Kıvılcım: I wanted to, but I couldn't.

Omer: I wouldn't let that happen. I won't do it again. I'm not gonna get drunk and leave you at home alone without knowledge. Now you and the baby are the most important thing to me.

Sonmez: That's how it should always be, remember that. You didn't remember her until she told you she was pregnant.

Demet: Shame on you, son.