20

Kıvılcım and Omer looked at each other. She didn't understand what was going on. She stepped away from Demet and stood in front of her and Omer.

Kıvılcım: What children?

Demet: Yours. Your and Omer children.

Omer: Mom, please stop!

Kıvılcım: Ha ha ha, great greeting joke.

Demet: It's not a joke. You're young, newly married. It's the right time for a baby.

Kıvılcım: This case concerns me and Omer, no one else. No one's gonna tell us what to do.

Omer: Honey, don't be nervous. Mom just talks like that.

Kıvılcım went to the bathroom. She started crying. She remembered her conversation with the doctor when she was in the hospital.

A few weeks earlier:

Doctor: The gunshot wound healed. There's no scar. That's good.

Kıvılcım: I'm glad.

Doctor: I'm only concerned about the results of your tests.

Kıvılcım: I don't understand. What's wrong?

Doctor: During the operation, your heart stopped for a moment. We've done every possible test to ensure it's not life-threatening.

Kıvılcım: And?

Doctor: You need to take care of yourself. I know I'm repeating myself, but now it's even more important.

Kıvılcım: I feel very good. I have no pain in my heart.

Doctor: It's not about pain, it's about heartbeat.

Kıvılcım: Are there any medicines for that?

Doctor: Unfortunately no.

Kıvılcım: No?

Doctor: Unfortunately.

Kıvılcım: So how can I deal with it?

Doctor: Do not run too much, it will be better to walk, even the longer ones. Avoid stress first of all.

Kıvılcım: It can be done.

Doctor: There's something else. You're a young woman. For you, getting pregnant would be very risky.

She looked at the doctor. Kıvılcım wasn't thinking about being a mother, at all not now. In the distant future, for sure. She was a little worried.

Kıvılcım: Does that mean I can't have kids?

Doctor: In your case, pregnancy could result in your death during childbirth or during pregnancy.

Nowadays:

Omer went into the bathroom. He saw Kıvılcım sitting on the floor. He sat next to her and hugged her. He was worried to see her like this.

Omer: My love, don't worry about my mom.

Kıvılcım: That's not the point.

Omer: And about what? Why are you crying? Your face is all red.

Kıvılcım: I can't.

Omer: What?

Kıvılcım: Baby...

Omer: Ah, Kıvılcım. I know, we haven't talked about it yet, but don't worry. There'll come a time when we'll talk about it.

Kıvılcım: I want to have a baby. Very, but ...