𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗬𝗔𝗟¹

𝗡𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗲𝗶𝗱𝗶, 𝗬𝗮𝗹𝗹!

Heidi recently joined the band and I didn't have anything against it, it's just that me or her had to go. I don't understand why they would even think that if I've been in the band longer than she has and knew them since I was 13. She was already a grown women at the time. Even Bill was going with it. The only person that didn't agree was Gustav.

"Alright, Jane! We can't decide if we want you or Heidi to be a backup singer so we're just gonna test y'all's singing skills." Bill said.
-"Can't I just sing and she plays an instrument?" I asked.
-"Uhm, that would be smart but we wanna give Heidi a shot. The band should have a limit of 4-5 people and one of you has to go." He said.

"Okay, but there's bands who have more members than us, and why do I have to go? I've known you guys longer than she has." I admit.
-"I understand, but she really wants to join and Tom likes the idea of having his wife with him."
-"I know, but she doesn't have to go everywhere with him. He needs to breath." I shrug.
-"Well you're gonna have to deal with it." He said before walking away.

I sigh and Gustav came up to me.
"Hey, how are you?" He asked.
-"I'm feeling terrible right now. I don't understand why they would even think about this." I say.
-"I know..I've tried speaking with them but they won't listen. They say the same shit over and over. At this point, all I can do is say I'd quit the band if you're gone." He shrugged.
-"You can't quit the band. You're the one keeping it alive." I say, making him nod in agreement.
-"true, true."

"Hii, Y/n!" Someone says and I already knew that tone of voice. It was Heidi.
-"Hii, Heidi!" I reply and she hugged me.
-"How are you doing?" She asked, pulling away.
-"Good! What about you?" I forced a smile.
-"I'm glad you're not upset with this whole thing! I'm sorry if I take your place. I just wanna try something new!" She said, smiling widely as if she doesn't already have a whole singing career.

"No, it's fine. It's always nice to try something new, isn't it?" I say. Which was definitely a lie. She was taking somebody's place and didn't seem like she cared about my feelings.
-"Yeah, that's true! Maybe you could join another band or create your own?" She suggested, making me nod but deep down, the thought of joining another band and not being with my childhood friends hurts.

"I'll chat with you later." She smiled as she ran to Tom with her arms open. I nodded and sighed before turning to Gustav.
-"I hope you get the role." He said as we went to go find Bill.
-"Thank you"

Hours later, me and Heidi were in a studio room, singing different songs at a time. Some of the songs we were asked to sing were some of our songs that we've published back then.

Once I was finished, It was Heidi's turn and I was able to watch and listen. Me and Gustav glanced at each other once she was trying to hit the note in Love & Death.
I'm gonna be honest here. Heidi wasn't that good. She might need autotune to fix that if she wants to join..Which would probably ruin the song.?

When she was done, they cheered her off and I just stood there like an idiot who wasn't invited. Eventually they came around and gathered up in a group.

"Okay, we've decided that we're gonna take Heidi." They say, making me frown slightly but forcing a smile onto my face.
-"That's fine." I say as Heidi was jumping up and down, squealing like crazy as she jumped into Tom's arms, hugging him tightly.
-"Thanks for being with us throughout the years, Y/n. We really appreciate it and we hope to see you at some of our future concerts?" Bill says.
-"Sure..I'll try." I smile slightly, slowly feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

I wanted to bawl my eyes out right then and there. It hurt so much to see the people I've hung out with my whole life replace me with someone new. I don't even think I'd be able to talk to them anymore but I'm praying that doesn't happen.

Once everyone left, Gustav came up to me and hugged me tightly, rubbing his hand up and down my back.
"I'm sorry, Y/n.." He said. I was holding back tears as I hugged him tightly like it was the end of the world.
-"It's fine.." I said, my voice cracking slightly.
-"I want you to know that I'm always gonna be here for you. Even if you're not gonna be with us anymore. You're not replaced in my eyes. You're like a little sister to me." He said, hugging me gently.
-"I love you so much.." I mumble.
-"I love you too." He smiled before pulling away.

"I hope to see you in the crowd though." He said.
-"I'll try..for you." I smile, making him nod.

"I'll message you later. I gotta get home and cook for my girls." He said, giving me one more hug.
-"Okay, I'll see you some other day." I hug him back.

We pulled away and he headed to his car and drove off.
I sighed and tried not to think too much of this new band update. I wonder if the fans will even appreciate this. Will they like that Heidi, Tom's wife, is joining the band by replacing me?

As I thought of so many questions, I made my way to my car and headed home. Once I unlocked the door, I was greeted by my dog at the entrance, jumping happily.

I smiled as I shut the door, kneeling down to rub my fluffy dogs fur.
"Let's eat and then we can go for a walk." I say, feeding my dog before making me something to eat.

𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗞𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘇 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀 :: ☆On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara