Chapter 3

(861 words)

"N! SHE'S GETTING AWAY COME ON TO THE DOORS!"

"AGHH! OKAY IM COMING!"

"THE DOORS QUICK!"

N stuck his hand in the door stopping it from shutting as he looked at the worker drones inside playing cards, "Hey fellas- ooooh deal me in! I love rummy!" Z shot him a quick look, "Wait, no, I'm going to murder everyone... Rain check!"

Z moved her tail and grabbed the keycard from Uzi with it, sticking it into the call causing the system to crash, opening all of the doors. "Yes!" Z exclaimed high high-fiving N.

Z and N rushed in killing each of the drones that tried to run. Their vizor screens turned to Xs as they smiled manically. N killed 4 of them and Z 3. N started stepping toward Uzi as Z drank the oil out of a dead drone's head. Uzi had the same gun she shot N and Z and she pointed it toward N but before she could shoot the two drones disappeared.

"Pretty nice hydraulics, huh?" He looks around to see the chaos that Uzi has caused. "...What-What have you done?"

Uzi doesn't reply and N swoops in before she can explain herself. Uzi prepares for a fight. "This time, I won't miss!"

N Chuckled a bit and turned to Uzi with one X over his eye. "I'm sorry. I really enjoyed our time together, but I can't have you shooting V with that thing.

"Bite me!" She turned her head to Khan and held the gun up. "Dad, get down!"

"Uzi, you Lead a murder drone here?! My beautiful doors!" Khan held his hands to his mouth.

"Now is so not the time! I messed up, in the same way I'm about to fix it! Move, Dad!" Z watched Uzi from the ceiling, she and N liked to work together and catch drones off guard. Z swooped in and pinned Uzi to the wall with her wing, causing her to drop the gun and it fell to Khan's feet. "Dad... Point and shoot... Trust me...!" She strained. Khan trembled in fear and looked Uzi in the eye before shutting the door and leaving his only child to die. "Dad...?" 

Z didn't want to admit it but she felt bad for Uzi. Her arms fell limply to her sides while Z continued to pin her.  The lights turn red and a siren starts to sound. Just then J and V started to walk towards them. Z threw Uzi over her shoulder and behind a storage crate to hide her.

"Whoa, N and Z! Am I dreaming, or did you do something not useless, for once?" J put her hands on her hips.

"I've been trying to get past those doors for months. Nice work, guys! These ventilation shafts can easily get us around this last door. Lowest body count eats a missile!" V giggles and flies up into the vent. Z can't help but smile at V, but why?

"Way to go, studs. The company's gonna love this. With this colony wiped, we'll make top team this quarter, for sure. You know what that means... Branded pens!" J clicks it in front of his face before tossing it to N who's mesmerized. 

"...Uh, you know, not that I can't wait to keep murdering all these, uh, maybe not-so-actually different from us Worker Drones, but, just out of curiosity, do we actually, uh, know what the company plans to do with us afterwards...?" Z asked J.

"Excuse me...?" J turned back around.

N looked at V and she nodded, letting him take this one. "Okay, so, a worker earlier might have suggested that they could fix up our landing pod to, uh, escape the planet and stuff, which, whoa, hey, that's against the rules! But, it is kind of making me question why our pods were only one way in the first place. Cause, you know, I get the feeling the company doesn't actually love robots, and like we might be robots. I've made a terrible mistake. It's cool how immediately I could tell."

"Hmm... No way, buddy. Questioning the company? You two just finally gave me the excuse I needed." She injected a virus into both drones. "Worker drones are corrupted. I hate to see you guys corrupted as well."

"J yo-u c-can't do th-this!" Z tried to say.

Uzi came out from behind the storage box and grabbed her gun, "O-oh busciu-t-ts. I'm s-sorry. We ruined y-your card ga-game. And made you have an a-awkward moment w-with your dad." N said while lying on the floor.

"And I made you guys rebel like angsty teens which got you killed. Though you also tried to kill me so morality calls this a draw." She replied trying to reach the vent above only to fail, "Ugh... For the record, that was the lamest heel-face turn in history. Was that supposed to be you switching sides?" Z rolled her eyes.

"Being rebellious is a lot harder than it looks. Thanks for showing me the ropes." N smiled.

"Nuh-uh, no bonding thing. You just killed a bunch of people, idiots."

"That's super fair..." Z sighed. 

"We screwed up..." N dramatically turned away.

"Ugggh...! In the same way you're about to fix it?" Uzi showed her wrench.

"Hahaha! I love doing anything!" N smiled.