Chapter 23

If you want the non-canon ending, aka the one I made up before episode 7 came out, go to my other story. But this episode was INSANE and here is this chapter!!! (958 words)

     Uzi, N, Z, E, and Tessa fell out of the elevator as it fell to the bottom floor. They all tumbled out and away from the shaft as the rubble and rocks started to fall on top of it, completely blocking their path. Z and N were the first to get up, glancing at each other before both shooting the rocks and trying various methods to try and escape.

It was difficult for the two to get past them and in rage and sadness they started ripping the rocks out and throwing them behind, "NO!" Z screamed trying to get past in hopes of saving V.

"Uzi! Help! Use your Solver!" He threw a rock behind him with his claws.

"N! Watch it!" Tessa yelled, causing the two to turn back rapidly. E was behind Uzi and the two were about to get crushed by the rock but Uzi split it in two with her Solver.

"Oh shit..." Z's voice shook and E could see the fear in her eyes, almost hurting the people she cared about.

Uzi was panting and whimpering in fear, "I... don't think I sh-should... I'm sorry, N..." Her hand covered the side of her bleeding eye. The red liquid spilled out between her fingers as she tried to stop it. She put her other hand down.

His eyes widened and she walked over to Uzi, realizing his mistakes. "Oh, no, no. It's okay. Uzi, I-... I'm sorr-" N was quickly cut off by Tessa standing up and holding her blade in front of N's face. Z glared at her still not trusting her in the slightest.

"Enough, N!" Her tone was stern and demanding. She turned her head towards Z, "We'll save V after we finish here." She faced Uzi and moved the blade away from N, "Uzi let's have you sit this one out, eh? There's a box over there. Robots like boxes, right." She switched back to her regular cheerful tone.

"What? No, I-" Uzi tried to speak.

"N? Z?" Tessa tried to get them on her side but Z wasn't buying it.

"...Uzi, there, um... might be some stuff down here that you don't want to see..." N's voice was soft but she could sense the uncertainty.

Uzi attempted to get up, leaning on a rock for support and holding onto her arm, "...Ohhhhhh, what the hell is going on?"

"Nothing!" E and Z said at the same time. Z looked at him and glared, trying to hold her tears back. V... is gone and there isn't any way of getting her back. E looked away guilty knowing that he was the reason she couldn't help V.

"W-We don't know everything yet but," He turns to Tessa, "We're not going to hurt you!" His voice was more aggressive as he talked to Tessa. He saw nothing but the reflection of his face in the helmet she wore, turning back to Uzi. "Okay?"

"...H-Hurt me..?" She was terrified, it was clear. The solver suddenly activated. She tried to switch it off but couldn't, it exploded and more rocks started to fall and the tunnel to collapse, creating a clear line between Uzi and the rest of the group. N reaches his hand out to try and help Uzi but she steps back, allowing a wall to form.

***

On the surface, Thad walked behind Lizzy as she typed quickly on her phone. "Aaaand you won't tell me why we're wandering around 'cause...?"

"I'm a good friend, and secrets are blackmail. And it's not about football." Lizzy said without looking up from her phone.

Thad was known as the football guy in their high school and was always obsessed with it. "Okaaayyy. Does your secret friend want to know about football, or-" He pauses as the ground starts to tremble, and the nearby abandoned car's alarms go off as it does. Lizzy and Thad start to be brought into the air, flying almost, only to quickly be dropped down. Tessa's ship lands and J flies out into the cave they were making their way to.

"...So, is that related to the thing you're looking fo-" He points to the landing pod.

"No." She responds flatly and starts laughing, "Yeah, yeah. No, it is."

***

Tessa and E somehow got away when the rocks were falling but Z and N got hit in the heads. On both their vizor screens it read:

SYS STATUS: [KNOCKED TF OUT]...\'

It suddenly switched again:

'SYS STATUS: [REBOOTING]'

The two drones sprung up at the same time and looked at each other and both started calling.

"UZI! UZI?!" N called.

"UZIIII!! E?" Z repeated, getting up. "N come on we have to-" She stopped and looked at N's arm. It was crushed under one of the rocks. "N! Are you okay?!"

"Agh- yeah..."

"Here! I can lift it!" She tried as hard as she could to lift the rock but it wouldn't budge. "It's okay, we can just- um...."

"Z, you have to cut it off."

"What? I couldn't."

"Please," Z sighed and changed her hand to a saw, and looked at him for his reassurance. He nodded his head and she prepared to see. "I deserve this, I deserve this, I deserve this!" He repeated to himself.

Someone started to giggle just before she could begin to cut. She recognized that voice, and they both did. In the distance, they saw... someone...

"No fucking way..." Z's voice was filled with terror.

It was V. Or a version of V, from the old house. "AGHHHHH!!!" N yelled.