Chapter 15

(695 words)

     Z and N were chained outside to a tree as punishment, E was right, they were idiots. N was screaming bloody murder as the birds were near him. The birds were swarming around Z's head which was annoying. Turns out N wasn't screaming in pain, he was screaming because the birds tickled.

"NO! AHHHH! STOP!" N screamed. Then he started giggling, "HAHAHA STOP!"

"N, you are so weird." Z swatted away another bird.

N held up a stick to the bird as if it was a dog, "Go get it goobers!"

Z laughed a little as the bird caught the stick. All of a sudden the birds looked directly at Z and N with sinister eyes. Their eyes glowed green and Z looked over at another drone who had suffered the same fate, dead. Their vizor screen was pecked out by birds.

"Uh oh..." Z looked at N. The birds flew at them attacking and pecking at their bodies, "OW!!" Z yelled, swatting them away and covering her face.

"AGHH! RONALD! I THOUGHT WE WERE BUDDIES!" N yelled.

"UGH GET OFF YOU SHIT HOLES!" Z screamed.

In a flash, there was a raven with a user id. "DarkXWolf17?" N asked. The bird fell to the ground twitching, then got back up again. Its eyes emit a purple light.

"I made the tag when I was eight, shut up." The bird said.

"Uhhhh N...? Why is a bird TALKING to us-?" Z was cut off.

***

E had been chained to the floor in Tessa's room along with J, Cyn, and even Tessa herself. E was in the corner the farthest from anyone else.

"J, industrial machinery, chuck us a hand!" Tessa said, eyeing E.

"Sorry boss, corporate's spoken," J responded.

"You're such a suck-up." E said. J rolled her eyes at him.

"Cyn! If that little butler dies for your sake, I swear!"

"Wait wait wait. N is going to die?! WHAT?!" E lunged forward but was held back by the chains.

"Yeah... my mother and father sent him and Z outside to get pecked to death by birds..." Tessa looked away.

"WHAT?! NO! WE NEED TO GET THEM!" E lunged again, getting pulled back by the chains. Cyn was playing with toy dolls making them fight each other and lying on her stomach. "Mh. I have backups."

"Backups... for what...?" E looked at her confused and she simply ignored him.

Tessa was trying to figure out a way to break the chains, groaning as she ran out of options. Suddenly Eldritch Cyn appeared next to her. She was a mix of twisting metal limbs and a robotic claw to move her hands.

"You will not have to discard your pets, and I will not discard you." She used that claw to move her head to the side and point a finger at Tessa. "Best stay away from the gala, though. You seem squeamish." Tessa was in shock and Eldritch Cyn snaked her way out the window. She left one of her dolls with metal limbs and it crawled away.

"What. The fuck. WAS THAT THING?! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR WHAT? 4 HOURS? AND THAT THING IS HERE NOW?!" E screamed.

***

"So... Z and I are dead... in the future... at a sleepover, and these are memories...?" N asked the bird confused.

The bird picked up a rock. "Not a sleepover. YOU TWO passed out because some internal program or whatever is trying to delete these memories."

"Cause... Cause of you? You're doing that?" Z asked the bird confused. The bird dropped a rock on Z's head, then smashed the chains holding her and N down. "OW?!"

"No. I'm helping you and the cute, weird, weird, butler." The bird said looking at N. "Anyway, we find out what happened to you guys here, restore the memory files, and save you from being digitally lobotomized. Library basement. Giddy up."

"Kay... you kinda seem like an evil ghost witch though." The bird pecked N's eye. "AH!" N yells.

"I AM a ghost witch! And I'm tall!" The bird giggled evilly.

"You don't seem so tall now," Z smirked.

"Shut up Z. Anyway- DAD! GET OUT OF MY ROOM-..." The raven stops moving and falls over.

"Do we uhhh... pick it up...?" Z asked N. N picked up the bird and walked to the library, slightly weirded out.