Chapter 24

AN: I'm drawing Z right now!!!! Lmk what you guys think of this chapter!!! (1085 words)

"I missed you, N. And you Z..." The version of V started walking towards the two. Z was sawing N's arm as fast as she could.

"T-Thank you, mine shaft trauma ghost!" N said through a panicked voice.

"We can hear you fine from there!" Z couldn't saw any faster and his arm wouldn't budge.

"You know, you're one of the main reasons," Her voice suddenly glitched out, it sounded like Cyn's. "I wanted your team to retain your personalities." Z stopped sawing and looked directly at N. "You always surprised me..." She pulled Z and N towards her.

N's arm got ripped out of the socket as he and Z were pulled out, "N!" Z screamed.

Suddenly V turned into Cyn and hugged the two, "Loved doing anything."

N and Z suddenly found themselves in a large city setting. They were holding onto a body, a human body. They were the reason that the humans died... it was their fault... Drones were flying all around and eating flesh as the screams of civilians could be heard. V, J, and E were near a person eating his body when shots started to be fired. E and J shielded themselves and V with their wings. Above, a helicopter attempts to shoot the Drones, but gets dragged and destroyed by a large tentacle.

The flashback ended and they were back in the mine shaft.

ACCESS DENIED
CONTACT ADMIN
"DARKXWOLF17"

This time it was the solver talking through Cyn, nothing of her was left. "Thanks for clearing the way on this planet, too. Let's eat."

Z and N started screaming and trying to get out of the Solver's grasp. They were both being dragged backward further into the mine shaft. "SHIT!" Z yelled, continuing to try to hold onto something but she was unsuccessful.

They continued to be dragged screaming further into the shaft by the Solver. As they enter a hall made of flesh, a pickaxe is lunged at the Solver's arm, freeing N and Z.

"Why is Cyn after her own murder-pets?" It was like the solvers inside of the murder drones, but it had a personality. She turned to N, "You stupid or something?"

"Oh, yeah." Z and N said in sync.

"Cool by me, then." She climbed onto N's head. "Drive!" The Solver started to inch near them again before taking off. They manage to flee the fleshy hall as it collapses.

"Hey, you two look familiar. Watch the road. You guys got wings?"

"Um, I guess-"

"Focus! Left!" The two stopped abruptly and turned down another narrow hallway.

She handed a crucifix to Z with her Solver. "Think you can get this cross to the surface? I'm lookin' for a hunk named Khan."

"Uzi's dad? What-" Z looked just as confused as N. She shoves N to the side, pulling Z with him as the Solver misses them in its chase.

"How do you know my daughter?"

Z's eyes went wide in shock, "Daughter?!"

***

"So, how do we-" Thad was cut off by Lizzy.

"Punch."

"Can't her hands be guns?"

"Kick, also."

Thad chuckled sinisterly, "Yeahhhhh." They advanced towards the cave entrance, there suddenly being an explosion. They got flung back and J flew back into Tessa's ship which took off. The two looked back towards the cave entrance, which was now in flames. Lizzie snapped a picture on her phone and suddenly Khan appeared behind them.

"Part 2A, check the perimeter." He hands Thad blueprints for Uzi's railgun, which is, quote, 'sick af', 'cool', and 'doesn't suck'.

"M-Mr. Doorman, sir?" Thad had not planned to see him there.

Khan scouted around on the ground for something, "Bad crowd, those Murder Drones. Destroying ways off the planet... My wife... My daughter having interests beyond cannibalism and... 'nightcore' ?" A rumbling occurred, levitating all three up momentarily, then dropping them back down. "It's the end times!" He chuckled a bit, "If my wife's closet is right, the planet's gonna try to eat us soon." Thad opens his mouth to speak, but Lizzie gestures for him not to.

***

E helped Tessa search the lockers that the drones were being held in a while back. Tessa reached for a computer. After performing an "I Am Not A Robot" test by using her fingerprint, she was granted access to the database. E watched from afar as she scrolled to the top, which showed Nori and Yeva as, respectively, "In Progress" and "Patch 2.1.8".

'That woman, Nori, #02 looks like Uzi... could that be... her mom?!' E thought, "Hey um... Tessa?"

"Hm?"

"What are we doing here?"

"This." She purged the program and walked off as the computer exploded. E looked back surprised and jogged up to Tessa.

"But why?! Shouldn't we try and use this to help Uzi?"

"Listen E. I brought you here because I thought you would be able to help-" She turned back to view her handiwork as Doll arrived. She threw a knife that Tessa caught.

"Doll?" E looked at her confused.

"Где патч, человек? (Where's the patch, human?)" She held out another knife.

"Hmm. Not sure what you me-" Her sentence was cut short as Doll attacked again. She easily blocked it from hitting her.

"USB Патч. Изгнать одержимость Солвера. Где это? (The USB Patch. To exorcise the Solver's possession. Where is it?)"

Tessa Resists Doll's attacks again. "So, that's what they were doing down here, huh? Crucifix-lookin' thing?"

"...Разве ты не знаешь? (...Wouldn't you know?)" Doll was skeptical of her.

"Had my suspicions. But they kept cutting my feed." Tessa slices Doll's right eye, making the patch fall off and revealing a hole in her vizor screen. "Patch to save yourself, huh?"

"Я не позволю ему использовать меня, чтобы поглотить планету! (I will not let it use me to consume the planet!)"

"Hmm. Not sure it needs you, buddy." Tessa was being difficult on purpose, E used this as his chance to run away from Tessa. This was out of character for him, he was way more of a follower than a leader. He had to find Z.

Tessa tossed Doll's cleaver at her, knocking the knife out of her hand, and vanished suddenly. The fire behind her went out and everything went dark. She used the light from her solver to light up the small area. Doll looked around the empty shaft. She saw something rushing towards her... Then stopped. Suddenly, a small, yet rapid, tapping noise, while faint at first, started growing louder as it got closer. She lunged a boulder at it which ended up having no effect as the noise revealed itself, lunging at her. It was the Solver...