Chapter 11

AN: So if you didn't already know, I'm shipping Z with V but it's going to be a slow burn since I'm mostly focusing on adding Z to the story. (1189 words)

     V, N, and Z had been arguing with each other about Uzi and what they should do. The worker drones were sitting silently in the background. "V, we can't hurt Uzi!" Z told V, still sympathetic for the outcasted worker drone. Uzi had made Z feel like she might belong somewhere, she relates to Uzi.

V dropped Z's hand, "We do our jobs, and that thing leaves us-"

N interrupted her, "Neither of us know what you're talking about because you won't tell us! What are you so afraid of?!"

"I'm not afraid." She said flatly.

"I am! Z is! Uzi is! She's a kid V! Just like the three of us! What is WRONG with you?!" V was a bit taken aback by N's words. What was wrong with her? "Look after the campers," N said flatly, tossing the clipboard at V and flying off as Z watched.

"V... I- I'm sorry... I have to help Uzi..." Z said as she walked away from V, flying into the cold snowy air.

"Do whatever you want," V says as she stomps off.

***

Z catches up with N as they arrive at another cabin. "I thought you would stay with V." He mumbled.

"Well, I couldn't leave Uzi..." They avoid the conversation as they make their way into the abandoned cabin. The floorboards were creaky and this place hadn't been touched in a long time. There was a small desk at the corner of a room with some sort of control system with a monitor hanging slightly above which displayed a static, "Hey N," Z said as she spotted the monitor, "Come over here."

N walked over to the desk to help investigate. He noticed a tape under the monitor, it was a VHS tape which was strange since nobody used them anymore, the function of a VHS tape wasn't even in some of the newer drone programming. The tape read, ZOMBIE DRONES. "Zombie drones...?" He looks at Z for a second before touching it, with a motive to pick it up and play it. N gets a flashback with an unknown drone and a severed arm, another black hole was there too but much bigger than the one he had seen before caused by the Solver Program. He backs away in horror, slightly shaking.

"N? N what happened? Are you okay?" Z asked with a face full of concern.

"I-I... I got a weird f-flash back I think? I- uh... come on we need to find Uzi."

***

V had run away from the campers to find Uzi, Lizzy had idiotically come along. Uzi uses her Absolute Solver to hold Lizzy in the air and choke her, Uzi walks up to Lizzy with an X on her visor screen but before she can reach the worker drone, V hits her out of the way and Uzi falls.

"Killing her, not saving you," V told Lizzy.

"Ugh okay, Mom," Lizzy replies then passes out.

"V... Please..!" Uzi begged V to spare her.

V glances at the bodies of the drones that Uzi had killed, "New body, same horrors huh Cyn?"

"I... don't know... who that is! Can I... talk to N and Z...?" Uzi asked V.

"I'll make sure you can't."

Just as V tries to kill Uzi, Uzi uses her new tail to grab V and throw her to the side. Uzi giggles and pins V to a tree as she tries to fire at Uzi again, she misses and barely avoids hitting Lizzy. Uzi again pins V to the ground as V tries to use her tail and hits Uzi with it. Uzi slices her tail off and holds it in her hand, about to strike V in the face, but she was lifted into the air before she could.

N had picked her up and off of V, "Whoops! Easy there, buddy!" Uzi, who was still in her trace, stabbed the tail into N's hand, "Haha, ow." Hearing N being hurt by her made Uzi snap out of her haze. "Up we go!" N said, throwing Uzi into the air.

Z came walking behind N and her face lit up once she saw V. N pulled V's tail out of his hand and flicked it into the snow. He then put the hand in his mouth to regenerate the missing metal. "What did I say about antagonizing her?" N muffled.

"Ugh, you both always take HER side!" V pouts.

N flew into the air to catch up with Uzi as Z ran to V, "V! Oh my robo-god are you okay?!" Z put a hand on V's shoulder.

"Ugh, I'm fine. Get your hand off me." V pushed Z's hand off aggressively, Z looked at her a bit surprised. "Sorry..." She muttered.

"Hey it's fine, are you sure you're okay? I'm sorry about what happened with Uzi." Z offered a hand to V to help her up. V was again a bit hesitant about this but eventually gave in and let Z help her up.

"It's fine..." V didn't let go of Z's hand after she helped her up. Both of them simply stood across from one another, before V could even think, Z pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were going to be dead when I saw Uzi standing over you with your tail in her hand and I didn't and still don't know what I would do if you DIED and I mean I guess the company could send another copy of you but what if she doesn't have the same memories and feelings as you do now and I don't know what those are but-" Z started to ramble while thinking about anything that could possibly go wrong.

V looked at Z, "Don't worry I'm here now, and just so you know, you hugging me is NEVER happening again." Truly that's all Z could think about. She liked being in V's arms, she liked having the touch that she was so deprived of. V meant so much to her, more than she could tell.

"Okay whatever you say," Z still couldn't help but admire V as she started to walk next to Z.

N and Uzi landed on the ground in front of them and V got ready to attack again. Z holds her back for a second and N hugs Uzi tightly. V puts her claws away and Lizzy gets up, "Ew." Lizzy says, still out of it.

"Don't patronize me." V turned back to Lizzy.

"What? I think it's gross all by myself. God, you're a diva lately!" Lizzy groaned and walked away while Z laughed.

***

They were all on the bus to go back to the colony. Uzi and N were sitting together, Uzi's head was on N's shoulder and his hand was against her. Z and V were sitting behind the teacher next to each other. The teacher is going off the list of students that had come on the field trip.

The teacher turned back to Z and V, "So, missing some campers here..." He tapped the pen along the side of the clipboard.

V looked at Z, then to Uzi and N, "Yo, Z and I got hungry idiot."

"No name-calling, just a question." The teacher turned back around and V sat back down next to Z. Z looked at her and smiled.

The Secret of the Solver (Canon ending)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara