Chapter 7

(633 words)

     V, N, and Z were all sitting in the landing pod. They all knew that today was prom for Uzi's class. N and Z found skeletons with dresses and suits. There was a skeleton with a short tight red dress without straps, presumably for V. There was another skeleton with a long blue dress that sparkled and had straps going around the neck, which was for Z. Finally, the last skeleton had a black suit, perfectly fitted for N. When they had found it, N was beyond excited.

V had been arguing with N and Z for 15 minutes about the clothing.

"I do want to be dapper... But no!" N argued with V.

"That's why you had us find these? We can't interact with the workers anymore..." Z said looking at N and then back at V, "We're... too dangerous..."

"Uh... exactly?! We show up fabulous, the sad purple one lets us in because she had no friends, and we kill everyone and pop her little head off. It's a foolproof plan." V giggled.

"Only that it was made by a fool..." Z said under her breath as V made a face at her.

"V we aren't bringing you for prom murder. V, J went holo-spooky-snake-crab and we maybe grew up in a haunted mansion!" N rambled.

"V aren't you worried that we don't even know what we are?!" V stared back at Z. "V... I'm here for you, I want to help you! You don't have to deal with this alone.

"...Promise me you two and that purple thing will stop prying into that stuff. If you set me free now, I promise we will only kill what we need to survive. Just the three of us..." V stares at a key nearby along with Z and V.

"Uh... V, if you are hiding something, we can figure it out together! Even if each of us only has pieces," N continued speaking, "Please what do you know-" Z saw V pull out a sword. Z tried to pull N away but V ended up slicing both their heads off.

"What's best for you two? Even if you hate me for it." V flew away from their bodies.

***

N and Z's heads regenerated. Neither of them knew how long they were out for. Z looked at the skeleton, which previously had the red dress on it, now it was bare.

Z and N jerked up quickly, Z looked at N, "Oh no... oh no no no no!" She and N got back onto their feet running for the ladder, "N! V IS GONE COME ON WE NEED TO GO!"

"Wait!" N yelled.

"What?!" Z yelled back. She saw N looking at the suit and dress, "No! No time!"

N looked at her almost pleading, "Dapper N! Dapper Z!" N said before Z groaned and they both threw on their outfits and then ran back outside.

The dress fit Z perfectly, it complimented her hair and figure between contrast in color and the shape of her body. N's suit fit him well too, the black clashed with his hair and eyes perfectly. N was a ball of excitement about dressing up.

While N and Z were running toward the doors the worker drones had built, they both ran into Uzi, causing the three of them to fall.

"Uzi?" N and Z said in sync.

"Z... N..?" Uzi stared at the two disassembled drones.

"Why are..." Uzi asked.

"You look..." Z said at the same time as Uzi.

"How did..." N asks at the same time as the other two.

"I think something bad-" Uzi said.

"Yea we think something is going on... with V" Z replied.

"We could help... not that you would want it but," N said.

"No-! Uhmmm I could use the help... of you two... with me... together..." Uzi said sheepishly.

Before Uzi and Z realized this, N put his arms around their shoulders, "Dapper buddies!" N smiled brightly. Z and Uzi shoved him off but smiled.