Downfall

"Bailey come on!" Uncle Moody yelled from the fireplace.
I jumped in and bellowed "Hogwarts" we came out in Dumbledore's office.

We sprinted to the astronomy tower to see chaos. Bellatrix took no time using the Cruciatus Curse on me. I fell to my knees screaming in agony. Uncle Moody disarmed her and helped me up.

Tonks and Kingsley were here too. I saw a curse flying towards Tonks.
"Protego!" I yelled and the curse bounced off.
"Thanks" she huffed
"Don't thank me yet"
I dueled Antonin and Bellatrix the whole time. They turned into black smoke and flew away.

Harry Potter screamed and appeared at my side. Dumbledore was killed..falling out of a window. I fell to my knees and screamed as well. That man saved my life.

I dove out of the window and turned owl flying after him. It was to late..Albus Dumbledore was dead. Many people lit their wands in tribute, I was one of them. Professor Sprout put a sympathetic hand on my shoulder and gave a light squeeze, she was crying too. Everyone was.

I fell to my knees once again. I walked to his office, praying to see him there fooling us all.

"Blood lollipops" I said, and walked up the staircase looking around his office, it was a mess. Books everywhere. Fawkes on his perch. I fell against the wall and cried into my knees.

"Bailey..he's gone" Tonks said startling me.
"I know..I was just hoping he was fooling us. A very cruel sick joke. But he wasn't"
"I wish he was..."
"I remember one thing he said to me. It was the most important thing he'd ever said to me. I came to him crying because people were dissing Hufflepuffs like always. He said; Bailey, you'll do great things one day. I just know it, you might be muggle born, and a vampire, and in Hufflepuff but it's what makes you who you are. Never forget that." I smiled at the memory.
"You know he kept a journal for all of the students he..not favored but took a great liking to" McGonnagall said appearing at the doorway with a tear stained face and red puffy eyes.

She handed me a leather journal. The first page read.
Minerva you're showing this to a student..that means I'm gone.
Bailey Belle Stone, the bravest Hufflepuff I've ever met, so much courage and intelligence.
Nymphadora Tonks, that girl is so very sweet, she belonged in Hufflepuff.

"It's like he knows who is reading it" I said handing the book back
"He probably charmed it that way..that man" McGonnagall mumbled but smiled.
"Mad-eye is probably looking for us, we've got to go" Tonks said, I nodded and stood up petting Fawkes lightly.

Once in the courtyard I looked at the castle, it'd never be the same. I apparated home since the barrier was temporarily broken.

I collapsed on the couch in a fit of sobs. Percy sat next to me since Layla was asleep.
"Bailey what's wrong?" I looked at him and everything was blurry from the tears.
"Dumbledore...he's dead" I choked, Percy looked shocked.
"This isn't a joke?" I shook my head.
"How?"
"S-Snape killed him..I saw it! Snape is a Death Eater!"
"This is really happening...isn't it?" Percy asked with a grim look on his face, I slowly nodded.

"There's a war coming up...I just know it"
Layla is one now, she walked downstairs and looked at me.

"Why is mumma crying?" She asked me.
"Mumma is just sad" she stood up and gave me a hug.

"Go back to bed, I'll be in there in a few minutes" I told her and she nodded walking upstairs.
"Percy I don't want her growing up in this, this mess"
"I know, I don't either"
"What are we going to do?"
"I'm not sure yet.. we'll figure something out. I promise"
"I hope so"
"You should probably go to bed" Percy said standing up.
"I'm not tired, I'll go to bed in a little while" he nodded and I sat in the darkness with just the light above the stove giving light.

I rolled up my sleeve revealing my Dark Mark. I've tried washing it off, using a spell. Nothing works, I'm stuck with it.

A few minutes later I crawl into bed and fall asleep, having countless nightmares. I felt pain run through my forearm and I sat up screaming.

The snake was slithering in the skull. He was calling someone, hopefully not me. Percy jolted awake and saw me holding my arm.
"It hurts doesn't it?" He asked looking at me with sympathy.
"Oh no I'm just screaming holding my forearm because it's a new hobby. Fuck yes it hurts!" I snapped, eventually it stopped moving and I laid down.
"Sorry about that" I apologized rolling on my stomach.
"It's alright"

The next morning was Dumbledore's funeral. I dressed in all black and left Layla with Percy, who didn't want to attend.

When I arrived I saw every Weasley, mourning. Mrs. Weasley walked over to me with puffy red eyes.
"You saw it does you?" She asked looking at me, almost hopeful. I slowly nodded.
"Percy didn't come?" Ginny asked appearing at Mrs. Weasley's side.
"I'm afraid not, no"
"Typical" then they walked off.

I sat in the very back, not wanting to be seen.
"May I ask all of the aurors that attended in that battle to please come forth so you can say something about him"

I hesitantly walked to the front and stood in the back of the line.

"I'm Alastor Moody. I attended last night and tried to save Dumbledore. As soon as I got the call I rushed over. It really is tragic that such good people have to go so soon. Long live Dumbledore." Uncle Moody returned to his seat at the front.

"I'm Kingsley Shacklebolt. I attended the battle last night and mainly assisted with defensive charms. I've known Dumbledore for over twenty years. He was my family. Long live Dumbledore" Kingsley sat next to uncle Moody.

"I'm Nymphadora Tonks. I attended last night and aided the wounded. Dumbledore made me into the person I am today, independent and strong. He was always more of my dad then anything. Long live Dumbledore" she sat next to Remus in the second row.

"I'm Bailey Stone. I attended last night and dueled until I couldn't anymore. Dumbledore was, the best professor, headmaster, friend and family anyone could ask for. He taught me not only to pick myself up when I was down, but to stand up for what I believe in. Long live Dumbledore" I returned to my spot in the back.

After the funeral I returned home with tears blurring my eyes. Percy was playing with Layla on the couch and they both looked at me when I walked in.

"Mum was there wasn't she?" Percy asked
"Yes"
"She asked about me, didn't she?"
"No. But Ginny did"
"Oh"

Little did I know, this next year was going to be the hardest in my life...