twenty-nine

The next day, Shawn drops me off at my place. After what we did at my parents house (which they have no idea about), we went back to his place. All night at his place, we had sex. I think we have about four or five rounds. Not sure. But each time felt better than the other. The soreness went away and allowed me to actually enjoy the sex with Shawn.

I step into the shower and begin to wash my hair. Today was the dress fitting for my cousin Selma's wedding, which was two months away. She had asked me to be her Maid of Honor, and I kindly accepted. My family wanted to know if I was bringing Shawn to the wedding, but I honestly don't know. It's two months away. For anything, he and I could be don't this week or next. And I wouldn't want to check off the "date" portion now, only to show up alone to the wedding.

After my shower, I blow dried my hair until it was damp and then French braided it. I put on a blue floral romper and my Oxford's.

"Jasmine?" Paige stands in the doorway.

"Hi." I meekly tell her.

"Hey," she breathes out. "Uh, I just wanted to tell you that I got back with Jack."

"I know."

"You do?"

"Last week. I saw you walk into the movie theater. The Gallows? I was in the back row with Shawn. We saw you."

"Oh."

"Listen, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I didn't want to tell you about Shawn and I having sex. It was private, and it's my private sexual life. And just because you are comfortable with your sexual life, does not necessarily mean that I am, too."

Paige is silent for a moment. "I guess I just got upset because you got a boyfriend and you were spending all this time with him. And he took your virginity and I felt that you would change, maybe."

"Just because he and I had sex doesn't mean that I would change, P." I tell her. "I'll always be the same girl. We shouldn't be fighting. Especially if we're about to take a big move and move to Chicago."

She smiles half-heartedly. "You're right. I'm sorry, Jasmine". Paige and I walk towards each other and hug.

"I forgive you." I reply.

xxx
"Jasmine!" Selma exclaims in excitement as I walk in the dress shop. She walks over and engulfs me in a hug. I hug her back.

"How have you been?" She asks me as we pull apart.

"I've been good. Paige and I got our apartment in Chicago." I reply.

"That's wonderful! How about the College applications?"

"I got into DePaul University."

"That's great!" Selma smiles. She grabs my hand and leads me to the back room, "I'm gonna introduce you to the bridesmaids." We walk into the back room and I see four other girls chatting away and drinking champagne.

"Girls, this is my cousin, and the Maid of Honor, Jasmine." Selma introduces me, letting go of my hand.

"Hello," I say to them all, shyly waving and smiling.

"It's nice to meet you," one of them replies. The other smile and wave.

Selma takes my hand again and personally introduces me to the girls individually.

First up is the blonde who spoke up to me. "Jasmine, this is Caitlyn." We shake hands and smile at one another. Next, there's a black haired girl with beautiful box braids. She's absolutely gorgeous. "Meet Angela." I shake her hand and smile at her. Then there's another blonde, her name is Katy. And lastly a brunette, named Elizabeth.