fifty-five

When we arrive at Chris's house, it's just like last time I was here; only there's more people and louder music. How his neighbors manage to put up with it? Beats me. Paige heads straight into the kitchen with the bags and I take Shawn's hand in mine, staying close to him. He drapes his arm around my shoulders as we walk in.

As per usual, Shawn is greeted by a bunch of people. I recognize a few faces, but mainly keep my gaze at my shoes.

"Oh, JAZZ-MINE!" I look up and see Chris making his way over, a bottle of whatever in his hand. He makes me crack a grin at the way he's dressed: chino shorts, baseball tee, bucket hat, and a glow in the dark necklace. Chris greets me with a hug and I can smell alcohol and smoke on him. "Aw, how are you baby?" He pulls back and looks at me and then Shawn. "She's my little sister now. It's official."

I giggle, "I'm fine, Chris."

"No you're not. You gotta take a shot with me! Come on." Chris takes my hand and I turn back and look at Shawn. He blows me a kiss as someone hands him a beer, and I look and see Chris taking me to the bat.

"What're we drinking?" I ask him.
"Want some of that moonshine again?" He asks me.
"No! That thing was way too strong." I say. "Give me something for starters?"

He nods and smirks. "I got just the thing." Chris looks around and grabs a vodka bottle. He takes out two shot glasses and pours the purple liquid in both glasses and hands them both to me. "You'll love it. It's grape."

I grab the glass and quickly pour it down my throat. It quickly burns for a moment and I chase it down with the other.

"Hey, my girl knows how to party!" Chris laughs, slapping a heavy hand against my back.

Shawn comes from behind and snakes his arm around my waist. I look up and see him taking a drink of his beer. He sets it on the bar and leans down to kiss me. I can taste the beer against his lips as we kiss.

"Get the fuck outta here with that shit, dude," Chris laughs at us. "You guys wanna fuck, go use my parents bedroom or something."

"We would," Shawn replies, "but I don't wanna break it."

"Shawn!" I squeal, hitting him on the arm.

"She'll be screaming that later on tonight." Shawn tells Chris and I start to blush.

"You two are idiots." I joke.

"Jasmine, you hungry?" Chris asks me.

"Starving!" I reply.

"I got some snacks coming up in a bit. Fresh batch, coming right up just for you. Until then, let's keep drinking." Chris says. He swipes Shawn's beer from the bar and hands it to me. I take a swig of it and swallow the alcohol.

"You know how to play Beer Pong?" He asks me.

I shake my head, "No."

"What? Shawn, I'm taking her! She's gonna be my beer pong buddy." Chris tells Shawn.

"You touch her, I'm fucking you up, Chris." Shawn jokingly warns. Chris laughs and Shawn takes the beer back from me. He leans down and gives me another kiss before Chris takes me out into the yard.

He leads me to a ping pong table without the net. There's cups that form into a triangle when put together. "What game did you say this was?"

"Beer Pong. You'll love it!" Chris replies to me. Two boys stand at the opposite side of the table. "Guys, this is Jasmine. Jasmine, there's are the guys - Derek and Alex."

"Hi," I shyly smile and wave.

"Don't be shy," Derek tells me. "Chris says you're his party buddy? A party buddy can't be shy."