fifty-one

"I'll see you later." Shawn whispers against my sore lips. I nod, leaning in and kissing him again and again and again.

"Don't go." I plead.

"I have to sleep at my place otherwise Jack will call Paige. And you don't want them in our business." Shawn replies, joking.

"Fine." I playfully pout. "But call me later."

"I probably should have mentioned I have a girlfriend who I happen to love. I don't think she'll want me to call another girl later." Shawn teases. I playfully slap his arm. "Ow, alright. I'll call you."

"I'll see you later." I say, kissing him deeply. Shawn wraps his arms around me and detaches his lips from mine.

"Screw it." He says. Shawn closes the door and picks me up, taking us both back upstairs in my room for a second round of quiet love making.

Shawn did end up leaving at nine in the morning. He left me a note on my bedside table. He wanted to get home before Jack wakes up.

I sit up in the bed, clutching my sheets to my bare chest. My hair was a mess. The bed was a mess. And my clothes were scattered on the floor. I bring my fingers to my lips, and they feel plump and tingle. A smile curves my lips as I fall back in the bed, hiding my blushing face with the bed sheets.

I had no work today. I figured that I would call my mom up for lunch, but hopefully bring Shawn along, too.

I get out of bed and head for the shower. After fifteen minutes, I step out and change into a big tee and cotton shorts to lounge around the house in.

I grab the house phone and dial my mother. She picks up on the fourth ring.

"Hi, Jasmine," she answers.
"Hi, mom." I reply, smiling.
"Someone sounds happy." She says.

Oh, if only she knew.

"I took your advice." I begin. "Shawn and I worked it out."
"Y que paso?" She asks me.
"Mommy, he confessed that he loves me last night." I gush.

She screams in joy. "Jasmine! Oh, how....Oh, mija, I told you!"

"I'm brining him to Selma's wedding. She wants to meet him and I want him to meet the family." I say.

She gasps. "Really?"

"Really," I nod.

"Oh, Jasmine." She says. "I'm telling your father!"

I laugh. "Just make sure he doesn't come after him with a shot gun. He still calls me his little princess."

"You'll always be our little princess, Jasmine." She says.

"I'll talk to you later." I say.
"Okay. Let me know more, alright?" She asks.
"Of course, mom. Bye, I love you."
"I love you, too. Bye."

I hang up and place the phone on the receiver. I changed my mind about lunch with her. I wanted to spend the day with m boyfriend. My boyfriend who loves me.

___

I called Shawn around two in the afternoon. He picked up the phone instantly.

"Miss me already?" Shawn asks me.
"Yes, I do." I say. "Are you busy tonight?"
"No, nothing much. What's up?"
"I wanted to come over and cook for you."

"Oh, you wanna cook for me?" He asks.
"Uh huh. Why, you talking crap?" I reply. Shawn laughs and I do, too.
"No, at least, not yet."