fifty-two

-- One Week Later --

"I think you and Shawn should sleep over the house. That way in the morning, we can just wake up, eat something here, and head to the airport." My mom tells me over the phone.

"Okay. I'll tell him about it." I reply. "Is Chandler bringing Chloe?"

"Yeah. She's sleeping over, too."

"Alright. I'll call you back, I'm at work."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye mom," I hang up the work phone and head back out to the front of the shop, helping out a few customers.

"What was that all about?" Christopher asks me.

"My cousin is getting married in a week and she wants us all to fly out to the Hamptons." I inform him.

"The Hamptons? Lovely. Indoor wedding?" He asks.

"Nope. She wants it on the beach," I reply.

"Beach wedding in the morning. That sounds nice."

"Yeah, but there's the smell of sea-salt and I wouldn't want that in my hair all day."

The phone rings again and Christopher goes to answer it while I deal with another customer.

"Sure, just one moment." Chris says to the person on the phone. "Jazz, it's some person looking for you."

"Who is it?" I ask as I bag the items.

"May I ask who's calling?" He asks into the phone. He turns to me, "Your cousin, Selma."

"Tell her one moment."

"One moment please, Selma. She's finishing up with a customer."

I hand back the woman her change and her bag, bidding her a nice day before taking the phone from Christopher.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask her.
"Okay, do not be mad." Selma tells me.
I roll my eyes. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing. But I figured, if I'm going to do a beach wedding, the dresses need to be for the beach."

"Selma, we already have the dresses!" I tell her.
"I know, I know! I'm sorry. But look, the bridal shop said that they can do the exchange, no charge. My dad is a good friend of the owner." Selma tells me.
"Fine, fine, okay." I sigh. "So how's this going down?"

"Just bring the dress back to the shop. They still have all the measurements and it'll be ready in two days." She replies.
"Alright. I'll go there after work." I say.
"Great! Bye Jasmine, see you in a few days."
"You, too."

I hang up the phone, annoyed and frustrated.

"Bridezilla?" He asks me.
"Chris, take a coffee scrub out of my paycheck. I need a long shower tonight."

. . .

The hot water hits my body and the scent of coffee tickles under my nose, soothing me. My eyes are closed and I exfoliate my skin with the scrub that tickles me and relaxes me. After the long day at work and dealing with Selma, this shower was incredibly needed.

"Babe?" Shawn's voice rings out from downstairs.

"I'm in the shower!" I call back.

He doesn't reply, but I hear him coming up the stairs. He softly knocks on the door and it creaks open.

"What's with the candles?" Shawn asks.

"Long day." I sigh.

"Bad day, too?" He replies.

"No. Just a long, tiring day."

"Want me to fix you something to eat?"

"Pretty please?"

"Sure," he replies. Shawn slides the shower door open a bit and I instantly smile once I see his face.

I place my hands on his shoulders and kiss his lips. He kisses back, placing his hand at the back of my neck.

"I can tell you're hungry." Shawn jokes. I giggle before giving him one last peck and closing the door shut.

...
alright, here's a short and shitty chapter. i uploaded a short one so that way the next one should be longer, and this story is actually coming to an end in a bit :(