Capítulo 10

Natasha went to her apartment.

Upon arriving at the room, she went to the bathroom and put the tub to fill. Back in the room, she chose an outfit to wear. She picked her robe and call Steve.

S: Hi.

Natasha felt that Steve's voice was serious and heavy.

N: Is everything okay?

S: Peggy's dead.

N: Oh Steve, I'm sorry.

S: I'm in home, getting ready for funeral.

N: Do you want me to go with you? I mean... I'm not sure because of Sharon.

S: No need. It's fine.

Natasha wanted to avoid bringing trouble for Sharon, especially in a moment like this, but her heart was in pain with the sadness in Steve's voice.

N: I'll meet you there, Steve.

S: No, Nat. Better not.

N: All right.

S: Look, I have to go. See you later.

Natasha was going to say goodbye, but Steve hung up. She sighed and went back to the bathroom. She enter the bathtub and sat down, resting her neck on the edge of the tub.

Natasha sighed again, thinking how difficult it must be for Steve to lose someone else. He has lost so much in his life, already. She felt bad for him.

Natasha felt a slight dizziness and put her hand on her belly and began to think about the baby and what Hill said. He is so small. How could he be already threatened by the world? Natasha wondered what would happen if the KGB put his hands on her son and she stopped thinking quickly, for fear. Then she thought of SHIELD, who wouldn't hurt him, probably, but would want to experiment, train him to be like her and/or Steve... She wants him to have a normal life, she wants him to be able to make his own choices since she couldn't.

Natasha thought about running away, hiding from everyone. She could circumvent the SHIELD if she wanted. But she couldn't bring Steve along and just imagine being away from him... Does Steve think about retiring? He still has so much to contribute to the world, she can't take him out of the world. It would be too selfish.

And if she depart, Steve will hate her for sure. But that's not the issue. The problem is the seriousness that Hill stated, saying that the registry could cause a war. Natasha knows Stark's ego and knows SHIELD enough to know that they also have an advantage with the registry and how Steve would fight them all. And if she depart and they kill him or arrest him?

She didn't want to risk. But if she stayed, she would have to be on Team Stark, but she can use it in favor of Steve, she could gather information secretly and dismantle the side of Stark, standing inside his organization.

But Steve would forgive her if she stay on Team Stark? Doesn't matter. What matters is to protect their son and his life.

Speaking of Steve, she decided to go to the funeral anyway. She'll be discreet at the ceremony, but she will not leave his boyfriend alone.

Natasha put on her black dress, grabbed a sunglasses and headed for the chapel.

Once there, the ceremony has already started. She saw Steve and Sharon together in the front pew, Steve was comforting her.

Natasha remained in the background.

Steve helped carry the coffin to the grave, his face conveyed pain. Fury, Coulson and May were also present. Steve paid his respects, throwing roses on the coffin while the gravedigger threw earth over.